2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Agreed before today. Armstrong has kicked past him after today. But I'd be over the moon with either.
You could be right but given how Armstrong played today it’s a big call.

That mark he took on the wing late in the game was outstanding.

Does Armstrong have the pace off the mark needed? In face athleticism overall?

Question mark when you're talking the very top end.

Sims' technique looks okay so should be fixable. Faull, meh.

Armstrong, I don't see the Cameron comparison. Kick-mark player. But good at it. More Lloyd than Cameron in style.

There's Shanahan too, whose last two Champs games were excellent.
Sims, Whitlock, Armstrong, Nicholls, Shanahan all ahead of Faull for mine. Maybe even Murphy who, if he had another 2cm almost certainly would be. I think Gerreyn might be better too.

Underdone though to cut some slack.

Reactions: 1 users
I was flicking between this game and the vfl.
I know next to nothing about the background and the form of these kids but sometimes you see a player and you know he is just going to be good at whatever level.
I see the comments that Jagga Smith is small and lightly framed but he is just looks a bloody good footballer.
I could see him buzzing around the MCG quite easily.

Does Armstrong have the pace off the mark needed? In face athleticism overall?

Question mark when you're talking the very top end.
Good question. I liked his in-face athleticism though.

The thing for me is there a lot of players that I'm scratching around for reasons not to like them, rather than reasons to like them. Seems like a glut of top 5, top 10 and top 15 quality players to me.

And on that, Reid played well, but he looked a bit slow, and skies his kicks under pressure. But, it could be just running style, and something he'll iron out in a flash in a pro environment.

Good question. I liked his in-face athleticism though.

The thing for me is there a lot of players that I'm scratching around for reasons not to like them, rather than reasons to like them. Seems like a glut of top 5, top 10 and top 15 quality players to me.

And on that, Reid played well, but he looked a bit slow, and skies his kicks under pressure. But, it could be just running style, and something he'll iron out in a flash in a pro environment.
I said last week Reid's pace is just average. And it is.

The question is, can he be that Steele Sidebottom type who also lacks pace, but just keeps knocking up getting the ball and with good execution and decisions thereafter for the most part.

He seems to get around the ground ok, has an uncanny knack of finding the ball, just lacks a burst.

Last edited:
Regarding Jagga, sometimes the player you should pick is just staring you in the face.

If he's the best performed mid, then you seriously have to consider him.

Lets not try to outsmart ourselves here.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Great reading. Sounds like we should do everything possible to snare a second top 10 pick.

Reactions: 3 users
Geez that was a good game of footy. Are all the champs games that good?

For those that know - can Sims ruck a bit?

Last edited:
Not a lot of love for the Lindsay boy. Am I wrong to think he looks a dead set certainty at the next level?

Reactions: 2 users
Jobe Shanahan the best KPF in this draft IMO. Followed by the Whitlock boys. Faull, Sims and Armstrong probably next.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Brilliant game.Smith would have to be close to #1 after that performance.Langford had a cracking carnival.

Reactions: 1 user