2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Yeah, definitely. He was great. So was Lindsay. FOS clearly lacking match fitness, touch and familiarity with teammates. Lalor probs still a bit underdone as well. Smillie Vanilli just that.

Lots of good players to choose from. Great game, ruined by an umpire at the end.
Lalor looks like he could be something, brute of a kid.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Noticed Lalor called the VC boys into a huddle after the game, made sure everyone was there before he addressed them. Good leadership from the young bloke.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
A big story from today is the KFs. Armstrong, Sims, Whitlock, sign em up. Thats the order IMO, but depending on what picks we have and where they go, happy with any one of them.
I know we need mids but I’d hope one of them is on the board at our second pick.

Lloyd called Harry Armstrong a Jeremy Cameron type, I saw that today.

Reactions: 1 users
I know we need mids but I’d hope one of them is on the board at our second pick.

Lloyd called Harry Armstrong a Jeremy Cameron type, I saw that today.
We need key forwards as well. Got nothing outside of Lynch and he’s nearly done. But yeah mids are the priority.

That was ridiculous. Travaglia mark. Then he gets 50. Double whammy.
How ropable would Travaglias family be?

Leo barry moment that shpuld never be forgotten,

Forgotten in an hour,

Cause of some ump was bullied at school

Reactions: 1 user
Noticed Lalor called the VC boys into a huddle after the game, made sure everyone was there before he addressed them. Good leadership from the young bloke.

Hes just well schooled in what recruiters want to see

We need key forwards as well. Got nothing outside of Lynch and he’s nearly done. But yeah mids are the priority.
Key forwards are the rarest types, with depth and absolute quality in this draft, we can’t ignore them.

Reactions: 4 users
The free was arguably there against Travaglia. Threw the bloke out of the way. The 50, though. They can't help themselves.

Really like Armstrong and Whitlock from the little bit of the game I saw. Sims was really good first 3 quarters apparently?

Just one mugs opinion, but reckon Sims has a decent margin on the next best key forward.

We prob need to take him early to get him though.

199cm kids with his marking, touch, leap and timing are rare.

The free was arguably there against Travaglia. Threw the bloke out of the way. The 50, though. They can't help themselves.
It’s a shame but ultimately the championship winner is bragging rights only. It’s all about getting them ready for the AFL and on that score Travaglia looks ready regardless of that incident.

Could also argue that Country’s last goal was dubious. Ball looked well over the behind line before goal was kicked.

Just one mugs opinion, but reckon Sims has a decent margin on the next best key forward.

You could be right but given how Armstrong played today it’s a big call.

That mark he took on the wing late in the game was outstanding.

Reactions: 2 users
Like the look of Langford. Wouldn’t be upset to see him in a Tiger jumper.

Reactions: 2 users

Agreed before today. Armstrong has kicked past him after today. But I'd be over the moon with either.

Agree , geez it’s a tough call between the potential of a young gun key forward and the safety of young gun midfielder

He's a poor kick. So is Faull.
Sims' technique looks okay so should be fixable. Faull, meh.

Armstrong, I don't see the Cameron comparison. Kick-mark player. But good at it. More Lloyd than Cameron in style.

There's Shanahan too, whose last two Champs games were excellent.