2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

A big story from today is the KFs. Armstrong, Sims, Whitlock, sign em up. Thats the order IMO, but depending on what picks we have and where they go, happy with any one of them.
Is there a chance that any of the 3 lasts till 22,what if none of Baker,rioli ,graham leaves

Reactions: 1 user
Regarding Jagga, sometimes the player you should pick is just staring you in the face.

If he's the best performed mid, then you seriously have to consider him.

Lets not try to outsmart ourselves here.
I reckon the 50 touches he had a few weeks ago.is a fair effort

North last year got permission to list a player they normally wouldn't be entitled too.
Why under the same situation can't we ask to list Davidson, he's a certainty to.get onto a afl.list.

Reactions: 2 users
A big story from today is the KFs. Armstrong, Sims, Whitlock, sign em up. Thats the order IMO, but depending on what picks we have and where they go, happy with any one of them.

Yes that the story

While most of us where convinced its a mids draft,

The KPF's wernt listening.

Kudos to whoever was spruiking harry armstrong

I also changed my mind on toby travaglia. I thought he was an outside downhill skier,

Then he has a blinder in the biggest best match, and does a full leo barry game saving contested mark.

The umps can GAGf - it was a match saving mark.

Blokes who belong top 5

Jagga, FOS, lombard, draper, langford, tom berry, sam lalor, toby travaglia, trainor, tom sims, harry armstrong, jack whitlock,

12 into 5 doesnt go.

But it says we want 3 picks inside 15, and well grab 3 of these blokes.

Smilie, Kako, morares, the quick kid whose done a knee, gross, lindsay, reid, allan,

Its a pretty stacked top 20.

Were guarenteed a good player with Day 2 as well - prob whoevers left of the KPF?

Jagga is No1.

All the smilie talk must be recruiters effort at 'look over there!!!'

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Is there a chance that any of the 3 lasts till 22,what if none of Baker,rioli ,graham leaves

If one of them isnt there day 2, means there is a really good mid still there.

Its a Super draft.

Reactions: 1 user
Trainor probably the best tall of the lot.
Not a needs basis but do you let a potential AA slip through your hands?

Reactions: 1 users
There's something about Sam Lalor - game changer and match winner type.

This looks a stacked Top 20.

Good players everywhere and even the fringe players some of them look promising.

Reactions: 8 users
At this stage any player wanting to go or we can look at trading out, now is the time to do it.

I now have no problem with Baker, Graham, Rioli or Bolton going. Half of them have checked out.

Reactions: 9 users
It's almost better to not have pick 1 this year it's throw a blanket over 20 players. But smith and Langford look better than smille and fos at the moment. For a supposedly midfield draft there are some quality talls hope some slip to our 2nd pick

Noticed Lalor called the VC boys into a huddle after the game, made sure everyone was there before he addressed them. Good leadership from the young bloke.
Yeah I like the look of him definitely if we can get another early round 1 pick he should be our target

For mine if we had 3 top 20 picks after today game Langford ,Lalor Armstrong