2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

jack Whitlock a pretty good audition.

I can't believe jagga Smith isn't consensus No.1 as much as Harley Reid was.

I think he is at RFC
Obvious Talent but he has a Thompson Dow frame doesn't look like he could ever put on any bulk

Jagga Smith no 1 right now. FOS hampered by injury, are his bona fides enough that he still goes 1-3? ah la Judd? Thats the main query from today.

I reckon there's 8 players worthy of top 3, and 12 worthy of top 5.

Good players everywhere. The task won't be finding good players, it will be which good player to pick.

Reactions: 3 users
surely one thing. you'd have to be revising the Mick Jaffa rating?

the kid is a contested ball freak.

16 for the match. next best 10.
Yeah, definitely. He was great. So was Lindsay. FOS clearly lacking match fitness, touch and familiarity with teammates. Lalor probs still a bit underdone as well. Smillie Vanilli just that.

Lots of good players to choose from. Great game, ruined by an umpire at the end.

Reactions: 2 users
I saw a bit of the game. Question on Smillie, is he just a bigger version of Dow? Ie. doesn't really get involved in transition? 8 clearances and only 16 touches?

Only saw the last few minutes of 3rd quarter and the last quarter. What an entertaining game. Looks to be a lot of good players and as though it’s a good year to have a few picks in the top 30.

Not sure what happened at the end there? Country player encroached on the mark? Shame to end a game that way but I reckon Country got their last goal after the ball went 2 metres over the behind line.

Still a great spectacle.

That was ridiculous. Travaglia mark. Then he gets 50. Double whammy.
what goes through their heads? Its u18s. Free might have been there but I didn't see it. Then pay a 50 that nobody would blued if it wasn't paid. Joke.

A big story from today is the KFs. Armstrong, Sims, Whitlock, sign em up. Thats the order IMO, but depending on what picks we have and where they go, happy with any one of them.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Yes no doubt its a vic draft this year. My beefs in the past have been that the AFL industry, media and ifficials, runs the comp with the expectation that its like that every year.

Wow what a game. Stars all over the park. Good year to have some good picks!

Its almost like someone at Richmond knows what they are doing.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Preface these thoughts by the fact that only saw last quarter and last few minutes of the 3rd quarter.

Our most pressing need is gun midfielders but from what I saw the most impressive players were all KPPs or taller players. Whitlock, Langford and Travaglia for country. Armstrong and Trainor for Metro.

Of the mids Lindsay from country looked really good. Jagga was okay but sounds like he was really good first 3 quarters. Smillie and FOS hardly touched it.

Again only based on last quarter and a bit. We’ll get some good players in this draft just a matter what we prioritise. We do need key forwards as well as mids.

A big story from today is the KFs. Armstrong, Sims, Whitlock, sign em up. Thats the order IMO, but depending on what picks we have and where they go, happy with any one of them.
Really like Armstrong and Whitlock from the little bit of the game I saw. Sims was really good first 3 quarters apparently?

Reactions: 1 user
Preface these thoughts by the fact that only saw last quarter and last few minutes of the 3rd quarter.

Our most pressing need is gun midfielders but from what I saw the most impressive players were all KPPs or taller players. Whitlock, Langford and Travaglia for country. Armstrong and Trainor for Metro.

Of the mids Lindsay from country looked really good. Jagga was okay but sounds like he was really good first 3 quarters. Smillie and FOS hardly touched it.

Again only based on last quarter and a bit. We’ll get some good players in this draft just a matter what we prioritise. We do need key forwards as well as mids.

Jagga 16CP from 3/4. Played the 2nd in a FP

Reactions: 1 user
That’s the best game of footy I’ve seen all year and the best game of junior footy I’ve ever seen.

• Wow
Reactions: 13 users