2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Highlight of the day that changed my thinking on a players type at the next level, Xavier Lindsay splitting Luke Trainor down the middle. That was Zac Butters like.

Reactions: 1 user
Highlight of the day that changed my thinking on a players type at the next level, Xavier Lindsay splitting Luke Trainor down the middle. That was Zac Butters like.
Yeah that was good. Number of contested possessions. Elite left foot.

Have to admit, I thought he might be a bit soft. Some of his Coates games have been a bit meh. But he went up in estimations today, for sure.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah that was good. Number of contested possessions. Elite left foot.

Have to admit, I thought he might be a bit soft. Some of his Coates games have been a bit meh. But he went up in estimations today, for sure.
I didn’t think he was soft but I wasn’t convinced he was hard. He runs so hard and his kicking back to the middle split the game open continually. And as good as he was by foot, Murphy Reid did the same thing by hand and in traffic. I’ve liked Reid all year but he is now top 10. Think Lindsay is 10-15.

Reactions: 1 users

I know what your saying scoop,

But dont you reckon, rightly or wrongly,

He gets 2 weeks for that at AFL level? 4 if trainor was concussed?

Who cares eZyT?
Are you trying to adapt to the New World Order?
I loved it and won’t waste one single second wondering if it was technically legal. Are you with me?

Reactions: 2 users

It’s more the ability and thought to do it. It looked natural.

Some blokes would pause for a split second and tackle, he turned and protected himself firstly and whack.

Was 10/10. Give me a bloke with elite footskillls and mongrel.

Reactions: 4 users
Who cares eZyT?
I loved it and won’t waste one single second wondering if it was technically legal. Are you with me?
I am. Who cares. Wasn't Scoop's point. It was that he showed some serious physical intent, that was the point. It was good to see in terms of assessing the overall make up of the kid ie that he might pass the physical contact side of things.

Just like we can tick off his foot skills, maybe we can tick off his physical pressure ?

Last edited:
It’s more the ability and thought to do it. It looked natural.

Some blokes would pause for a split second and tackle, he turned and protected himself firstly and whack.

Was 10/10. Give me a bloke with elite footskillls and mongrel.
Theres nothing like a bloodthirsty winger.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Who cares eZyT?

I was more trying to point out the absurdity of next years afl players not playing afl rules.

Stand and protected area wasnt paid all day either,

Until it decided the game of the year.

But agree, big tick for the kid

who else thinks this is a super super draft?

if we all put our noms forward, there would be 5 legitimate No.1's, 15 legitimate top 5's and 30 legitimate top 10's,

and that game yesterday was probably the best standard u18 game ive ever seen?

its a super duper draft isn't it?

and I personally havnt seen any evidence whatsoever that Jagga Smith isnt as good as Harley Reid and Nick Daicos.

Sid Draper making a pretty strong case against men too.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users