2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

suns are going to need to cough up top 5 pick for Lombard I reckon. 2000 pointsish.

their current 7 for that 21 and 23 in your option 1

would give us 1, 7 and 8

that would put us in the running for a haul like FOS, Jagga Smith and Sam Lalor :oops:

we would also have the option of splitting pick 1 if we knew the recipient was after Smilie or Trainor

(just read Trainor is Doug wades grandson and hell bent on going to Norf!!!)
Where’s the boner emoji ?

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Where’s the boner emoji ?
erection GIF

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
We probably won't fix everything this draft,
Agree, will take 2 or 3 drafts at least. But we can dare to dream, and I am.

Carlton got Weitering, Curnow and McKay in one draft.
Port got Rozee, Butters, and Duursma.

Massive. It can happen. Not often, but it can.

But yes, the numbers probably say we get a gun and 2 decent players. I'll be rapt with 2 guns. 3 would be a dream, and means we're back sooner than everyone thinks.

Reactions: 1 users
Agree, will take 2 or 3 drafts at least. But we can dare to dream, and I am.

Carlton got Weitering, Curnow and McKay in one draft.
Port got Rozee, Butters, and Duursma.

Massive. It can happen. Not often, but it can.

But yes, the numbers probably say we get a gun and 2 decent players. I'll be rapt with 2 guns. 3 would be a dream, and means we're back sooner than everyone thinks.
And Essendon got (9) Cox, Perkins (8) & Reid (10)
2020 draft.

**Essendon want for full refund

Just love all the *smile* about what is going to happen.
I can’t see us losing another game so that gives us like pick 7.
But hay ley let us all dream we are getting pick 1 plus at least 2 other picks in the top 10.

Looking forward to watching Harry Armstrong again on Sunday.Good in the air with sticky mits and a nice thumping left leg.Possible later pick if available.

Looking forward to watching Harry Armstrong again on Sunday.Good in the air with sticky mits and a nice thumping left leg.Possible later pick if available.
I mentioned him earlier. Matt Lloyd likens him to Jezza Cameron.

Posh's projected draft hand of

1, 7 , 21, 23

on espn :vomit latest rankings,

we would net

1. our choice of FOS/Jagga/Draper
7. Sam Lalor

and two of

Berry, Allan, Reid, Sims

It's like 2004, but with science and a well run and resourced recruiting dept.

we pretty much couldn't *smile* it up.

of that lot, my haul would be

Jagga, Lalor, Reid, Sims

alternately, if it was clear North were gonna take trainer and WC were into smilie,

we'd trade back to pick 3,

and grab FOS, Jagga, Lalor and Sims :oops:

Jesus that would be an injection of pace, class and power into the guts

looking forward to the pre-ordained champs GF on Sunday. gonna be like waving a $5 note in front of the mixed lollies

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Posh's projected draft hand of

1, 7 , 21, 23

on espn :vomit latest rankings,

we would net

1. our choice of FOS/Jagga/Draper
7. Sam Lalor

and two of

Berry, Allan, Reid, Sims

It's like 2004, but with science and a well run and resourced recruiting dept.

we pretty much couldn't *smile* it up.

of that lot, my haul would be

Jagga, Lalor, Reid, Sims

alternately, if it was clear North were gonna take trainer and WC were into smilie,

we'd trade back to pick 3,

and grab FOS, Jagga, Lalor and Sims :oops:

Jesus that would be an injection of pace, class and power into the guts
Finally, a reason to tune in to the first night of the draft.

Finally, a reason to tune in to the first night of the draft.

its a pretty satisfactory consolation for being *smile*.

especially when we havnt had a decent draft hand for 20 years

its pretty amazing we've had 4 top 10 pick since 2008!!!!!

(Norf have had 11 top 10 picks in the same period, GCS* have had 25 (twenty five) top 10 picks, GWS* have had 23 Top Ten picks)

we could potentially take as many top 10's this year as we have in the last 17 years combined.

thats why we're frothing

*not including pre-listed 17yos

you read correctly, GWS and GCS have had 6 times as many top ten draft picks as RFC since 2008 BD**

** I propose we start measuring time as BD and AD before dusty and after dusty

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
If we get pick 7 I’d seriously consider Berry with that pick.So talented and highly skilled.Going to be fascinating this Sunday and the remainder of the Coates league.

If we get pick 7 I’d seriously consider Berry with that pick.So talented and highly skilled.Going to be fascinating this Sunday and the remainder of the Coates league.

hes a beauty.

we will have the luxury of creating an entire midfield group

we'll be able to pick a couple for agility and speed (jagga, Reid, draper)

and a couple for power and goals (FOS, Lalor)

and maybe a couple of bass guitarist with a mix to keep it all together (berry, gross)

all with class

hes a beauty.

we will have the luxury of creating an entire midfield group

we'll be able to pick a couple for agility and speed (jagga, Reid, draper)

and a couple for power and goals (FOS, Lalor)

and maybe a couple with a mix (berry, gross)

all with class
Apart from Draper, not sure where you're getting the "speed" part with any of FOS, Jagga, Lalor, Sims or Reid.

Whilst not slow, personally, they're not what I call speedy either. In fact, Shifter Sheahan who is the greatest pumper of kids and never says a bad word about any of them, said that in Reid's case his speed was just moderate and then likened him to Steele Sidebottom which is a good reference I reckon.

Plenty of talent amongst them, and I like them all and wouldn't be unhappy about getting any of them, but apart from Draper, the genuine speed factor is actually lacking amongst them. As somebody else pointed out the other day, its a bit of a lopers draft.

Berry has good pace.

Brisbane will have to get active. Ashcroft could easily go top 3, Marshall first round. They don't have a lot of picks currently. It wont be hugely taxing to get it done with the current farce rules, trade a player and/or a future pick.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Apart from Draper, not sure where you're getting the "speed" part with any of FOS, Jagga, Lalor, Sims or Reid.

Whilst not slow, personally, they're not what I call speedy either. In fact, Shifter Sheahan who is the greatest pumper of kids and never says a bad word about any of them, said that in Reid's case his speed was just moderate and then likened him to Steele Sidebottom which is a good reference I reckon.

Plenty of talent amongst them, and I like them all and wouldn't be unhappy about getting any of them, but apart from Draper, the genuine speed factor is actually lacking amongst them. As somebody else pointed out the other day, its a bit of a lopers draft.

Jagga does everything quick

but yeah 20m and agility times are gonna be fascinating.

I hope the Vic Metro Managers dont pull all their stable from the combine like they've been doing.

Jagga does everything quick
I'm talking about break away leg speed. He's just average in that respect. Agile yes. Quick hands yes. Hand to foot quick yes. But 5-10m leg speed...a la Adam Treloar or Shane Edwards ? Just ok. Nothing special.

We need genuine leg speed that creates separation in this side. Badly.