2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

I wonder what Bakes is thinking. They're gonna have a change of coach. 100%. They're still a mess and will be for some time yet.

Not ideal moving to a struggling club who you don't know is gonna be their coach. Hmmmm....
One thing is certain, Yze has asked him to make the decision now rather than at seasons end. Baker not the only one. At least the club and Yze are on top of where everyone on the list is at.

Reactions: 1 user
Did he spend the offseason working in a pie factory?

Id love him in the 10-20 range, but can see him rising with some fitness and form in coates league.

Im absolutely stoked the HUN has tigers into josh smilie
LOL Yeah he is a well built lad ,get him fit and he will be built like Dusty or Oliver,,he won't be at the 10-20 range ,more like the 1-3 range
Yes I'd be interested to hear fellow Ballarat boy Bengal's take. The Ballarat Lalors are Laylor. As was the famous rebel leader. The old Ballarat natives also say Ballrat. And call the Plice.
Laylor ,and if you have a plum in your mouth it's Lawler....:)

Reactions: 1 users
One thing is certain, Yze has asked him to make the decision now rather than at seasons end. Baker not the only one. At least the club and Yze are on top of where everyone on the list is at.
Problem is,even if he says he's leaving we still have to be nice to him until the trade is done.

its an unusual statistical picture. only 3 CP to go with 12 tackles? state level DE% is pretty random, from what I have been able to decipher, a lot depends on you teammates. if you kick to a 1;1, your DE% lives or dies by your teammates ability to win it. but they have him at 93%, which says he used the ball well 15 times.

junk game: 12 goal drubbing of a substandard WC (1st V last).

still, the kid can play and has attributes we need

his numbers this week Peel V East Freo will tell us a lot, namely because East Freo are very quick across the park and play a very quick game. I reckon East Freo are playing the closest thing to AFL footy in the state leagues. If Bo gets to these contests, we can assume he'll get to AFL contests
I always like looking at how Lads go back to their clubs after the champs,with better structures and team work ,l really think the champs are going down hill,l see half a team playing for themselves ,and the other trying to do team things .
The Allies work really well together .

Reactions: 2 users
I always like looking at how Lads go back to their clubs after the champs,with better structures and team work ,l really think the champs are going down hill,l see half a team playing for themselves ,and the other trying to do team things .

Yeah ive said for years rep footy isnt a team sport

Reactions: 3 users
I dunno if he's the best player. Yet to be determined. But bloody hell he ticks some boxes in terms of what this football club needs right now.
We know on PRE that mids performing well against mids after the champs bodes well, Draper is one to watch.

Attack on the ball is fantastic and you can see in that SANFL clip he isn't afraid to mix it up. It's giving me quick Jack Viney vibes. And that template ticks so many boxes for what we need.

Reactions: 8 users
Crows would be hard into Draper i'd reckon
It's hard to see the Crows not taking him at pick 4 or 5. That's my absolute lock for this draft. They need pace in the midfield.

Yeah, all Draper talk is null and void. He can't be a Tiger unless we take him first.

Reactions: 4 users
We know on PRE that mids performing well against mids after the champs bodes well, Draper is one to watch.

Attack on the ball is fantastic and you can see in that SANFL clip he isn't afraid to mix it up. It's giving me quick Jack Viney vibes. And that template ticks so many boxes for what we need.
Tad classier too I’d say Scoop , though thought similar

Yes hell of a lot of hoggy shots at goal and burning of teamates in the Champs. I don't think that new though.

Bit of variation with his height, depending on where you read it. Some saying 182cm others saying 180cm.
A little short for my liking but Viney is only 178cm so it can work if he’s genuinely tough. He plays with genuine zip

Bit of variation with his height, depending on where you read it. Some saying 182cm others saying 180cm.
A little short for my liking but Viney is only 178cm so it can work if he’s genuinely tough. He plays with genuine zip
Neale is a shortarse too. For me some of the all-time great power mids are, so if they are elite, its not an issue. Daniel Kerr is the prototype. Akermanis, the list goes on.

From what I could see, FOSters didn't even start the game. Then, when he did come on, it was on a wing with heavy rotation. It wasn't until the 3rd quarter that he was put on the ball. He had a big last quarter.

Dunno what people expect ? He hadn't played in 10
weeks. If he was thrown into a National Champs game on the ball, straight up, without any prep and did a hamstring, we'd all be spewing.
Been compared too Cotch.You know our 3x Premiership Captain.What the hell is wrong with that. :unsure:

Ive said for years,

Close last quarters of big games sort wheat from chaff emphatically

And a mid drifting forward and taking a heavily contested mark inside 50 with scores level,

Is a pretty clear indicator of quality.

But Jagga Smith approaches big moments similarly. He will slot a goal from the boundary in a close game like hes jack reiwoldt.

Both are rolled gold

A very Good year to bottom out and hold a big hand i reckon

Really hope Toce is up to the task
I'm hoping Blair is upto the task again that can get us both.

194cm inside mid that’s not afraid to go in tackle and take the game on
What’s there not to like?

that is everything he did in a Coates league game.

a top 5 player should dominate late season Coates level,

a top 2 pick should be quite flawless late in the season at Coates level IMO.

and the top 5 should be getting 20+ and doing damage against men at State level around this time.

I dont see that.

Reactions: 2 users