2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Jordan Lewis type
Speaking of Jordan Lewis, in his under 18 year, he put the most vicious & heavy bump I have ever seen in all my time watching junior football. Still remember it as clear as a bell. Sitting on the first level of the Southern Stand at the G, on the wing, just under cover, in amongst Scott Clayton and the Bulldogs recruiting team. Lewis cleaned up Ivan Maric with a hit that you could hear 60 metres away or whatever it was up in the stand. You could hear the collision and the groan from Maric. Brutal beyond belief.

Maric was helped off by about 3 or 4 trainers and never came back on. Everyone thought he'd broken his ribs, spleen or something. What a hit that was....a portent of things to come from Lewis.

(Side note: that was also the year that Clayton said he didn't reckon Buddy Franklin would be any good. Haargh haaargh haaargh.)

Reactions: 1 user
Compare the pair ,now the first one was Lalor late last year ,and you can see he doesn't lack pace ,and he is moving a lot more freely ,At the moment he is not fit ,and carrying a bit of surplus .

This is from the Allies match ..

Reactions: 3 users
Compare the pair ,now the first one was Lalor late last year ,and you can see he doesn't lack pace ,and he is moving a lot more freely ,At the moment he is not fit ,and carrying a bit of surplus .

This is from the Allies match ..

Did he spend the offseason working in a pie factory?

Id love him in the 10-20 range, but can see him rising with some fitness and form in coates league.

Im absolutely stoked the HUN has tigers into josh smilie

Can't see much love for the WA boys, Urquart etc. Some running machines with height like we need, perhaps second pick options? BTW not a fan of Draper, I know he has been injured, skillful but intensity at ball?

Can't see much love for the WA boys, Urquart etc. Some running machines with height like we need, perhaps second pick options? BTW not a fan of Draper, I know he has been injured, skillful but intensity at ball?

Bo Allen is a consensus first rounder in here I think?

190 quick versatile hard.

A few of us rate Malachi Champion. I really rate him. lightening fast and kicks goals.

I like Urquart, but question mark on his kicking. looked OK across champs to me. Id be happy with in the 30's

But it does seem a bit of a year for the Victorian kids?

we clearly need explosiveness and ball use in incoming mids, which probably will rule out a few who will have good careers (thinking Harvey Langford is a beauty but probably not for us?)

Bo Allen is a consensus first rounder in here I think?

190 quick versatile hard.

A few of us rate Malachi Champion. I really rate him. lightening fast and kicks goals.

I like Urquart, but question mark on his kicking. looked OK across champs to me. Id be happy with in the 30's

But it does seem a bit of a year for the Victorian kids?

we clearly need explosiveness and ball use in incoming mids, which probably will rule out a few who will have good careers (thinking Harvey Langford is a beauty but probably not for us?)
Agree about Urquarts kicking.Very iffy.

Did he spend the offseason working in a pie factory?

Id love him in the 10-20 range, but can see him rising with some fitness and form in coates league.

Im absolutely stoked the HUN has tigers into josh smilie
Those Looey Soong spring rolls are hard to resist. I like Lalor. Happy to get him, but not with our first pick.

Is it Lalor or Lawlor? We never called any Lalors Lawlor where I come from. Those commentators were woeful so I took it with a grain of salt.

23 touches 11 tackles in the SANFL, impressive from Draper. Certainly has some wheels too

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Those Looey Soong spring rolls are hard to resist. I like Lalor. Happy to get him, but not with our first pick.

Is it Lalor or Lawlor? We never called any Lalors Lawlor where I come from. Those commentators were woeful so I took it with a grain of salt.

I normally dont mind the well spoken bloke calling QAFL,

but they were Dreadful on Sunday.

if we do take Lay-La, we'll have to call him Peter,

and hope he'd give his left arm for the cause.

I normally dont mind the well spoken bloke calling QAFL,

but they were Dreadful on Sunday.

if we do take Lay-La, we'll have to call him Peter,

and hope he'd give his left arm for the cause.

As in the cricket journo EZ?

If so he's pronounced Lawler.

Sam is as well AKALK.

23 touches 11 tackles in the SANFL, impressive from Draper. Certainly has some wheels too

thats a great game against men.

kind of numbers the really good players get early at state level

Reactions: 1 users
As in the cricket journo EZ?

If so he's pronounced Lawler.

Sam is as well AKALK.

As in Peter Lalor - hero rebel leader of the Eureka Stockade who lost the battle (and his left arm), but won the war (got elected to parliament and repealed the mining licence fees)

He was pronounced Peter Lay-La

if you arranged to meet someone in Ballarat at 'The Peter Lawler' (pub),

you'de be sitting at the bar all night alone.

but in Ballarat, we also go to France, dance, eat tacos and visit a castle, all with a short 'a'

otherwise, we'd have grown up in

Bawlawrort

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

It's Lalor. Those dheads are as bad as the others that insist on calling Smillie "Smiley" as in Guy Smiley. It's fckg Smillie ....as in Willy. Big Willy Smillie. There you go...

Note: his team mates call him "Smill" and if that's not good enough for everyone, he pronounces his own name Smillie (as in silly).

Good day.

• Haha
As in Peter Lalor - hero rebel leader of the Eureka Stockade who lost the battle (and his left arm), but won the war (got elected to parliament and repealed the mining licence fees)

He was pronounced Peter Lay-La

if you arranged to meet someone in Ballarat at 'The Peter Lawler' (pub),

you'de be sitting at the bar all night alone.

but in Ballarat, we also go to France, dance, eat tacos and visit a castle, all with a short 'a'
Yes I'd be interested to hear fellow Ballarat boy Bengal's take. The Ballarat Lalors are Laylor. As was the famous rebel leader. The old Ballarat natives also say Ballrat. And call the Plice.

It's Lalor. Those dheads are as bad as the others that insist on calling Smillie "Smiley" as in Guy Smiley. It's fckg Smillie ....as in Willy. Big Willy Smillie. There you go...

Note: his team mates call him "Smill" and if that's not good enough for everyone, he pronounces his own name Smillie (as in silly).

Good day.
Good, thought so.

I liked Guy Smiley though.

Yes I'd be interested to hear fellow Ballarat boy Bengal's take. The Ballarat Lalors are Laylor. As was the famous rebel leader. The old Ballarat natives also say Ballrat. And call the Plice.

only just realised the outside world calls a Mexican tortilla with filling a

Tar-co

the other day.

ive always called em

Tacos

with the short 'a' sound, the same as you call an engine rpm gauge?

I know some of my prons are weird,

but where the *smile* the 'aw' sound coming from in Lalor?

anyway, the kids clearly a player who can impact a game and id be pretty happy if he wears black and yellow jumper and tells us how to say his name.

reminds me of running into Shai early and I asked him "Shay or Shy?'

'Shay' he goes

jeez I could inhale 3 of Louey Soongs springas right now

hes been big bodied since he was 15, and his trajectory is going down IMO

im calling man child. Not saying hes no good, just not in my top 10

Harvey Langford is 190 mid and trajectory is consistently up over 3 years.

im calling Langford>Smilie
Don't agree with man child call.

One of the knocks I see people talk about with him is that he doesnt use his size enough or plays smaller than what he is. He has games of being dominant inside but maybe doesn't do it consistently yet. He's very good on the outside linking up which is the hardest part for an inside mid to learn, ie Rowell. His movement for someone his size is very exciting imo. Think once he fully grows into his body and learns to use his size more the kid will be a beast at AFL level.

Man Child is someone like George stevens last year, or Jack Graham when he won the Larke medal but still dropped to pick 54 cause he didn't really have those other elite traits.

Good, thought so.

I liked Guy Smiley though.
Well I do too. However, it does not align.

It's going to have to be Big Willy Smillie, Tiger Lilly
Smillie, Silly Smillie or Chilly Smillie.

I think we both know what it has to be...

• Haha
Well I do too. However, it does not align.

It's going to have to be Big Willy Smillie, Tiger Lilly
Smillie, Silly Smillie or Chilly Smillie.

I think we both know what it has to be...
Swingin' Willy Smillie?

• Love