2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Just pick the one most like Harry Schizele however you spell it
We really need someone in the middle who makes the right choices and delivers it well

Reactions: 2 users
Draper is very much in the frame for Pick 1. Not massive news.

Smith not seen in the top 3.
I dunno if he's the best player. Yet to be determined. But bloody hell he ticks some boxes in terms of what this football club needs right now.

Reactions: 3 users
Bo Allan 16 diposals and 11 tackles playing WAFL seniors. Perfect pairing with FOS if we can engineer it.

Bo Allan 16 diposals and 11 tackles playing WAFL seniors. Perfect pairing with FOS if we can engineer it.
Was just watching some older stuff of Bo Bo in the Colts tonight and was thinking the same thing. He has a bit more craft to develop as a mid, but big upside.

FOS, Draper, Bo Bo. McAuliffe. There's the core of your next premiership midfield. Good grief....

Reactions: 4 users
This crap about ,no out and out number 1,sometimes there is 2,3 4 number 1s,
And when they say there is talent till 25,it doesnt mean there all even.

Crows would be hard into Draper i'd reckon

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Don't agree with man child call.

One of the knocks I see people talk about with him is that he doesnt use his size enough or plays smaller than what he is. He has games of being dominant inside but maybe doesn't do it consistently yet. He's very good on the outside linking up which is the hardest part for an inside mid to learn, ie Rowell. His movement for someone his size is very exciting imo. Think once he fully grows into his body and learns to use his size more the kid will be a beast at AFL level.

Man Child is someone like George stevens last year, or Jack Graham when he won the Larke medal but still dropped to pick 54 cause he didn't really have those other elite traits.

Yeah agree. Been thinking about Big Willie Smillie.

Like you say, he plays like an outside link up player but with the body of an inside beast.

That means there are two ways of looking at it -

1) You either think he's going to continue to be a bit of a cruiser and maybe a "nice" player that doesn't really impact games and not worth a pick at the real pointy end.

Or 2) That he has already learnt how to use space and knows when and where to run - the hard part. And that once he turns his puppy fat into chisel, learns to use his size/strength and gets properly fit - He'll have it all and be a game changer.

FWIW Leysy ain't sure. Could go either way.

Reactions: 7 users
Geepers Hirsute you woolly behemoth you. What happens in the very first possession in this highlights package ? He almost gets mown down from behind due to a lack of 5-10m burst and quick hand to foot action.

And these are just highlights - for which i don't see a great deal of demonstration of having a bit of toe anyway. Most of it is in and under stuff or standing on his own to receive a kick or whatever.

He's been caught HTB several times over the Champs. He 'aint Jacob Hopper for sure. But he 'aint all that footy quick by leg just the same. 110% guaranteed.

Good player though. VC's best for sure the last few weeks.

I hear ya mate but when I say he has some toe it's once he gets going. If you're saying breakaway speed then that's another type of speed, burst like Bolton.
We dont have any bar bolton, maybe bakes. Dow has an allusive speed "quick sidestep" but doesn't necessarily have long-range speed on the run.

Balta has speed once he gets going but I wouldn't say he has breakaway speed from a pack in the first 5-10 meters.

I hear ya mate but when I say he has some toe it's once he gets going. If you're saying breakaway speed then that's another type of speed, burst like Bolton.
We dont have any bar bolton, maybe bakes. Dow has an allusive speed "quick sidestep" but doesn't necessarily have long-range speed on the run.

Balta has speed once he gets going but I wouldn't say he has breakaway speed from a pack in the first 5-10 meters.
I'm feelin ya vibe there Chewbacca.

• Love
Geepers Hirsute you woolly behemoth you. What happens in the very first possession in this highlights package ? He almost gets mown down from behind due to a lack of 5-10m burst and quick hand to foot action.

And these are just highlights - for which i don't see a great deal of demonstration of having a bit of toe anyway. Most of it is in and under stuff or standing on his own to receive a kick or whatever.

He's been caught HTB several times over the Champs. He 'aint Jacob Hopper for sure. But he 'aint all that footy quick by leg just the same. 110% guaranteed.

Good player though. VC's best for sure the last few weeks.

Yeah agree - You would have seen more than me, but reckon his speed is a definite question mark and probably lacks a bit of agility as well?

For that reason reckon there are better options in that top 10-15 selections, especially for us.

Draper is very much in the frame for Pick 1. Not massive news.

Smith not seen in the top 3.

He's got some serious wheels. Has that burst-breakaway speed.

Draper is under 6 ft, always wanted a Cripps/Bont type of tall midfield bull. The only player in that size bracket is Smillie

If we can somehow get another top10 pick I reckon we'd get 2 midfield guns

Reactions: 1 users
Was just watching some older stuff of Bo Bo in the Colts tonight and was thinking the same thing. He has a bit more craft to develop as a mid, but big upside.

FOS, Draper, Bo Bo. McAuliffe. There's the core of your next premiership midfield. Good grief....
If we ended up with FOS, Draper and Bo, they would have to remove the KB statue and replace it with the BH statue.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
As in Peter Lalor - hero rebel leader of the Eureka Stockade who lost the battle (and his left arm), but won the war (got elected to parliament and repealed the mining licence fees)

He was pronounced Peter Lay-La

if you arranged to meet someone in Ballarat at 'The Peter Lawler' (pub),

you'de be sitting at the bar all night alone.

but in Ballarat, we also go to France, dance, eat tacos and visit a castle, all with a short 'a'

otherwise, we'd have grown up in

Bawlawrort
The pub has been closed for awhile now.

If we ended up with FOS, Draper and Bo, they would have to remove the KB statue and replace it with the BH statue.
I wonder what Bakes is thinking. They're gonna have a change of coach. 100%. They're still a mess and will be for some time yet.

Not ideal moving to a struggling club who you don't know is gonna be their coach. Hmmmm....

I wonder what Bakes is thinking. They're gonna have a change of coach. 100%. They're still a mess and will be for some time yet.

Not ideal moving to a struggling club who you don't know is gonna be their coach. Hmmmm....
Personally he would be crazy to go. But I am sure the $$$$ would be very enticing. And FWIW I think he is gone. From the way he is playing to the language Ouzo is using.

But thats good for us. I am ok with it because its our only real chance of netting a FOS/Draper double.

Reactions: 3 users

its an unusual statistical picture. only 3 CP to go with 12 tackles? state level DE% is pretty random, from what I have been able to decipher, a lot depends on you teammates. if you kick to a 1;1, your DE% lives or dies by your teammates ability to win it. but they have him at 93%, which says he used the ball well 15 times.

junk game: 12 goal drubbing of a substandard WC (1st V last).

still, the kid can play and has attributes we need

his numbers this week Peel V East Freo will tell us a lot, namely because East Freo are very quick across the park and play a very quick game. I reckon East Freo are playing the closest thing to AFL footy in the state leagues. If Bo gets to these contests, we can assume he'll get to AFL contests

Reactions: 6 users