2015 Trade Week-Done Deals | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2015 Trade Week-Done Deals

Baloo said:
We're taking a calculated gamble I reckon. We have 4 players who have played in the ruck at AFL Senior level. iVan, Hamster, Plasma and Big Ben. Soldo as a rookie. It's a calculated risk the club is taking.

how did they all go against Goldstein in the EF?

Which if the ruckmen floating in this trade period would have helped against Goldstein.

Baloo said:
Which if the ruckmen floating in this trade period would have helped against Goldstein.

none perhaps, but surely this highlights the need to strengthen in that area? I would have chased smith FYI.

Agree, but getting in another average ruckman isn't strengthening anything. Its adding depth, not capability

Confirmed deal, we get pick 19 for this years and next years second round picks. Part of Dixon to Port deal

tigersnake said:
Confirmed deal, we get pick 19 for this years and next years second round picks. Part of Dixon to Port deal

Not sure I like this, need to digest. Two second rounders, seems overs for Yarran.

Next years draft is super strong. Hmm....

SCOOP said:
Not sure I like this, need to digest. Two second rounders, seems overs for Yarran.

fair enough. I reckon its thereabouts. Unless we plummet down the ladder next year. You have to balance what you need now with what you'll need in the future. Plus we can always trade back in depending on how things pan out.

SCOOP said:

Maybe Andrew Moore on the cheap as well, for helping Port out.

Baloo said:
I'm not sure the ruckman who floated around were good. Average, OK, injury clouds. None stood out as a gun we must have.

We're taking a calculated gamble I reckon. We have 4 players who have played in the ruck at AFL Senior level. iVan, Hamster, Plasma and Big Ben. Soldo as a rookie. It's a calculated risk the club is taking.

What's the calculated gamble? Maric has a year left max. Hamster just aint any good. Plasma was used sparingly in the ruck, they don't want to use him there (or he doesn't want to play there) Griffiths will never be more than a pinch-hitting ruckman. Solod? Forget it is never gonna happen. The cupboard is bare. Smith would have been a calculated gamble and a good pick up imo, especially for picks 49 and 53. Geelong have killed the trade period once again.

tigersnake said:
fair enough. I reckon its thereabouts. Unless we plummet down the ladder next year. You have to balance what you need now with what you'll need in the future. Plus we can always trade back in depending on how things pan out.

Yeah, think your right. This years pick, I’m fine with, it’s losing next years that’s a concern. But I don’t get why we do the deal without Carlton green lighting it?

We’ve traded to go up 12 odd spots and given away a pick in a strong draft and it still won’t get Yarran. Just seems reckless, something’s off.

SCOOP said:
Yeah, think your right. This years pick, I’m fine with, it’s losing next years that’s a concern. But I don’t get why we do the deal without Carlton green lighting it?

We’ve traded to go up 12 odd spots and given away a pick in a strong draft and it still won’t get Yarran. Just seems reckless, something’s off.

Doesn't trading up in a weak draft make sense? If next year is a strong draft, as purported by some, if we can trade back in for 2nd and 3rd rounders, they could still be valuable.

Carlton wanted to move Yarran on under Mickey etc but does new regime want to?. Do not think so but if they get him for Tigers first round pick I do think Tigers will have done ok as we now have pick 19. Give them the 12 & throw in a Griff,Titch,Conca,Astbury for another reasonable trade pick.

tigersnake said:

Knowing our luck we will finish last and it will be about pick 19

jb03 said:
Carlton are stating they still want pick 12 aren't they? Seems like a fair source.

Didn't they previously state, to the media, that they wanted a pick in the 15-20 range for Yarran? Sauce getting bubbles in it...

Carlisle a Saint in exchange for pick 5 to Essendon and 24 to the Swans, then Essendon.

Swans coughed up Craig Bird & pick 14 (to St Kilda) and receive picks 23 and 44 (from Essendon).

Essendon get picks 5, 24 and Craig Bird.
St Kilda get Carlisle and Sydney's pick 14.
Sydney get 23 and 44 from Essendon.

Saints done well.