2015 Trade Week-Done Deals | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2015 Trade Week-Done Deals

Ian4 said:
spot on scooper. IMO a ruckman should have been our number 1 priority.

Leuenberger would have been ideal, he wasn't overly expensive given his compo pick was a late second rounder.

SCOOP said:
It's great, the same people who defend this week will complain about next year results. But do not question their authority. They are the all mighty and have not put a foot wrong.

"Bennell used us". "Treloar lied to us". "Danger never spoke to us". "Townsend is the new Miles" What a time, to be alive.

For what ever reason we are a undesirable club. What we are going to the market with isn't working.

When North can attract quality you have to wonder don't you? Even being aggressive with the points system would have been a viable tactic, package up all our picks and then go hard at a pick inside the top 10. After last year's lack lustre performance I was convinced we'd be up to our necks in wheeling and dealing, how wrong I was.

re: Zac Smith, regardless of the price it would be wise not to make the same mistake we did with the Hampster. If we need a ruckman, lets go get a good one. Now and average or injury prone one. There is no sense in that. Having 1 x Ivan and 2 x Hamsters gives us nothing

I don't think any good ruckman were traded this year.

Baloo said:
re: Zac Smith, regardless of the price it would be wise not to make the same mistake we did with the Hampster. If we need a ruckman, lets go get a good one. Now and average or injury prone one. There is no sense in that. Having 1 x Ivan and 2 x Hamsters gives us nothing

Leuey was a gun 2 years ago, former top 5 pick and one of Brisbane's highest paid players when he was fit and firing. A definite upgrade on Hampson and perhaps even Maric depending on how his body holds up.

bullus_hit said:
Leuey was a gun 2 years ago, former top 5 pick and one of Brisbane's highest paid players when he was fit and firing. A definite upgrade on Hampson and perhaps even Maric depending on how his body holds up.

2 years is a long time in footy, and he's been injured for a while. Who knows, he could rediscover the form that made him a high draft pick or he could become a cheeseburger.

But we've also got Plasma & Griff in our list, players who have and can play ruck. It's not like we're relying on Patison and no one else for the year.

Baloo said:
2 years is a long time in footy, and he's been injured for a while. Who knows, he could rediscover the form that made him a high draft pick or he could become a cheeseburger.

But we've also got Plasma & Griff in our list, players who have and can play ruck. It's not like we're relying on Patison and no one else for the year.

Given he was a free agent on a modest salary I would have taken the punt. The only reason he struggled this year was due to being played as a forward, something which he's clearly not. Perfect bang for your buck proposition.

Baloo said:

Five minutes in the sun looking like we have done something this trade period!

bullus_hit said:
The only reason he struggled this year was due to being played as a forward.

That's opinion though, not fact. Anyway, we'll see. I just don't see the point in recruiting someone marginally better than Hamster when we have Plasma and Griff on the list as well as iVan and Hamster.

But if a gun ruckman was on the cards, thats a different story

WesternTiger said:
Five minutes in the sun looking like we have done something this trade period!
We probably have had too much time in the sun this trade period seeing we got burnt on Bennell & Trelor.

Baloo said:
That's opinion though, not fact. Anyway, we'll see. I just don't see the point in recruiting someone marginally better than Hamster when we have Plasma and Griff on the list as well as iVan and Hamster.

But if a gun ruckman was on the cards, thats a different story

Maric will be 30 next season, Hampson is injury prone and inconsistent. One or both those guys having indifferent seasons could spell the end of our 2016 campaign. There's a lot at stake here and relying on Vickery & Griffiths to save the day is asking for trouble.

bullus_hit said:
Maric will be 30 next season, Hampson is injury prone and inconsistent. One or both those guys having indifferent seasons could spell the end of our 2016 campaign. There's a lot at stake here and relying on Vickery & Griffiths to save the day is asking for trouble.

I'm not disagreeing that we need to get a decent ruckman in, but the key is decent or else we're just making the same mistake.

Baloo said:

Zac Smith is 10 times better player than Hampson. Good pickup by Geelong.

Howe's gone to Collingwood and Toumpas to Port. I reckon they'll be improvers at a better club.

- Adelaide received Seedsman and gave up pick No.32;
- Collingwood received Howe and pick No.68 and gave up Seedsman and Kennedy;
- Melbourne received Kennedy and picks No.29 and 50 and gave up Howe and Toumpas;
- Port Adelaide received Toumpas and pick No.32 and gave up picks No.29, 50 and 68.

Port did okay but Pies & Dees i'm scratching my head

Johnathon Giles heads to West Coast along with Essendon's fourth-round pick (No.62) in exchange for the Eagles third-round pick (No.57).

Butter knives

pumped said:
- Melbourne received Kennedy and picks No.29 and 50 and gave up Howe and Toumpas;
- Port Adelaide received Toumpas and pick No.32 and gave up picks No.29, 50 and 68.

So Collingwood trading out a pick 19 from 2012 and a pick 10 from 2013. Do they class as flops?

pumped said:

I guess none of these players will add that much in reality - low round 2 picks and worse in a very poor draft - yawn. Reckon Adelaide may have done marginally better as all the others are very speculative.

Interesting to see how Toumpas goes at Port but I doubt they will do a Polec # 2 but could be wrong and happy to steer clear of melb now also.

bullus_hit said:

that is why he wouldnt have come to us. he may or may not get a game ahead of Maric. he is leaving the Lions cos he cant get a game, or at least cant play as No1 ruck. he has gone to the Dons to be an AFL ruck.
it will be interesting to see what happens to Bellchambers.

Smith wouldnt get a game ahead of Maric, maybe down the track he will be a good ruck, but he wants to be a No1 ruck now, that is why he is leaving the Suns.
Currie and Giles would be behind Hampson in the pecking order.

Brodders17 said:
that is why he wouldnt have come to us. he may or may not get a game ahead of Maric. he is leaving the Lions cos he cant get a game, or at least cant play as No1 ruck. he has gone to the Dons to be an AFL ruck.
it will be interesting to see what happens to Bellchambers.

Smith wouldnt get a game ahead of Maric, maybe down the track he will be a good ruck, but he wants to be a No1 ruck now, that is why he is leaving the Suns.
Currie and Giles would be behind Hampson in the pecking order.

In this situation I think it pays to over promise, particularly when Maric appears to be on the decline. At some point we will be scrounging around for not just one ruck but two in all likelihood. That should make trade week a barrel of laughs.

Brodders17 said:

Reckon Smith would be close to getting a game ahead of Maric, or if not definitely next year. Maric is struggling now, still has a giant heart but his days are numbered. Some pretty good ruckmen shook loose this year, we should have targeted on of them imo.

I'm not sure the ruckman who floated around were good. Average, OK, injury clouds. None stood out as a gun we must have.

We're taking a calculated gamble I reckon. We have 4 players who have played in the ruck at AFL Senior level. iVan, Hamster, Plasma and Big Ben. Soldo as a rookie. It's a calculated risk the club is taking.