2015 Leadership Group | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2015 Leadership Group

Great point.

Who do you think has been (or will be) our best player in big games? Round 1, Dreamtimes, finals, etc. At this point in time I view Deledio as our best player in big games, despite the late Martin goals in a couple last year. Cotch goes in hard but hasn't been as influential as Lids in finals to date.

Hopefully there's plenty more finals to come for our leadership group to prove their worth.

Leaders are important in big games.

Many times our leaders fail to shake a rag and have poor games in big games!

When you look at leaders at the top clubs, in big games, they really lift and pull their sides over the line.

Cotchin is growing as a leader every season , but leaders shouldn't be confined to just the leadership group. Leaders to me also senior players at the club.

If we are to play finals these players also need to lift against the big clubs not just the minor teams in the league!

Just my thoughts !

Chimptastic said:
Great point.

Who do you think has been (or will be) our best player in big games? Round 1, Dreamtimes, finals, etc. At this point in time I view Deledio as our best player in big games, despite the late Martin goals in a couple last year. Cotch goes in hard but hasn't been as influential as Lids in finals to date.

Hopefully there's plenty more finals to come for our leadership group to prove their worth.

I think the on field leaders most likely to play well in big games this year are Riewoldt, Rance, Cotchin, Martin, Maric & Deledio.
Don't think we can use the game against the Blues as a guide because whilst we don't yet know how the Blues are travelling this year it's pretty obvious that they won't be finalists.
I watched the Port/Freo game and was blown away by how hard the leaders of both clubs worked to influence the contest.
Our leaders are too often easily curbed when we need them the most in big games against good clubs.
The coach can only do so much but when out on the park, these guys are the ones that need to perform.
More often than not so far we haven't seen that when the heat is on.

Can Murphy's leadership knowledge really arrest this or does it simply come from internal desire? Or are they simply not as good as we paint them as.
Whatever, this is a massive season for the upper echelon of the list to perform when it matters most if we're to take the next step from pretenders to contenders.

Tigers of Old said:
I think the on field leaders most likely to play well in big games this year are Riewoldt, Rance, Cotchin, Martin, Maric & Deledio.
Don't think we can use the game against the Blues as a guide because whilst we don't yet know how the Blues are travelling this year it's pretty obvious that they won't be finalists.
I watched the Port/Freo game and was blown away by how hard the leaders of both clubs worked to influence the contest.
Our leaders are too often easily curbed when we need them the most in big games against good clubs.
The coach can only do so much but when out on the park, these guys are the ones that need to perform.
More often than not so far we haven't seen that when the heat is on.

Can Murphy's leadership knowledge really arrest this or does it simply come from internal desire? Or are they simply not as good as we paint them as.
Whatever, this is a massive season for the upper echelon of the list to perform when it matters most if we're to take the next step from pretenders to contenders.
I watched the Freo v Port game and was too very impressed by both teams 'A' graders in their respective teams. The likes of Pavlich, Barlow, Mundy, Fyfe, Boak, Gray, Ebert etc. lifted as the game wore on.

They could sense the urgency and intensity in the game and ensure they played the same way. They werent overawed.

Question is can our leaders do the same in big games like that?

I think I saw enough to suggest the Morris and Chaplin can be removed from the leadership group.

Jack and Rance our two best from our final to be added.

Something is seriously wrong down there if our two Herculean key position superstars aren't front and centre in 2016.

I get it that morris obviously has character, but seriously wtf were they thinking? Embarassing for all involved but can't have been much fun for steve being in the leadership group and not getting a kick then playing in the twos

why are the older players on the list so 'below average'? ie. compared to North Harvey, Waite etc.?

1 Newman, Chris 268 33yr 4mth
41 Foley, Nathan 154 30yr
25 Chaplin, Troy 207 29yr 6mth
15 Knights, Chris 102 28yr 11mth
19 Thomas, Matt (R) 102 28yr 6mth
16 Hampson, Shaun 78 27yr 5mth
6 Grigg, Shaun 147 27yr 4mth
14 Houli, Bachar 137 27yr 4mth
13 Petterd, Ricky 84 27yr 1mth

why is our leadership group extra young? outside of troy-the-spud

why is it only richmond the leaders are expected to win finals, where are the older spuds get a free pass?

Far out when I read my post at the top of this thread from April it's like nothing has changed. The leadership group needs a shake up. That may mean some need to be removed altogether from the club.
Performing on the big stage is where you forge a reputation. Many of our leaders are failing miserably.

Tigers of Old said:
Far out when I read my post at the top of this thread from April it's like nothing has changed. The leadership group needs a shake up. That may mean some need to be removed altogether from the club.
Performing on the big stage is where you forge a reputation. Many of our leaders are failing miserably.
Ageee. We need some enthusiasm and bright ideas. I can think of two blokes on our list that epitomize this. They happen to be our book ends.
Also i reckon lids should take over from cotchy. Did sammy mitchell no harm to lose it.

Not one of em stood up last week. Pathetic.

Hence we sit watching a final we should be involved in.

Makes me *smile* livid.

Watched Hawks v Crows last night. Hodge and Mitchell having been criticised after last weeks efforts responded as true leaders do.

We have nothing even approaching that at Richmond. Thats why yet again we sit here going through the *smile* what ifs in our minds.

Meek and mild the Tigers. Meek and mild.