2015 Leadership Group | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2015 Leadership Group

WesternTiger said:
Indictment on the entire playing group that Morris is in the leadership group!

8-
Why?? Maybe because he puts his neck on the line at every contest and never ever sh!ts himself.I suppose you would have preferred Vickery in the leadership group? Well done Stevie,a smart choice and you will be a fine leader who will lead by example and relentless courage and determination!

I wouldn't want any of our young defenders learning his habits of going to ground at every contest.

Still, best of luck to him and hope he gets back to 2013 form, where he was at least a good solid lockdown defender.

I have found the anti Morris sentiment on this forum bizarre.

Ah well, guess you'll all just have to eat humble pie -

Go Tigers. As you were Steve Morris.

leadership group.. ahead of Rance reiwoldt?
jeez did not see this one coming.
rance must be going to freo,
jack clearly must of done something naughty with someone important daughter?
none the less Stevie happy to be proven wrong good luck

baretta said:
Why?? Maybe because he puts his neck on the line at every contest and never ever sh!ts himself.I suppose you would have preferred Vickery in the leadership group? Well done Stevie,a smart choice and you will be a fine leader who will lead by example and relentless courage and determination!

Maybe because I was going fishing and you were the first to bite!

WesternTiger said:
Indictment on the entire playing group that Morris is in the leadership group!

Agreed. I think Jack has been treated harshly. He provides a lot of leadership up forward and is very vocal at games and in training. Unfairly judged for a few personality traits.

8-

One of my favourite players to watch, his attitude is truly elite and he's an obvious choice for the leadership group.

Cotchin and Lids provide enough star power for the leadership group and you need a mixture of leadership styles. Rance will still be an on-field general.

St Kevin said:
I wouldn't want any of our young defenders learning his habits of going to ground at every contest.
However, I would want them learning his habit of attacking every contest as if his life depended on it.

bit surprised at Morris getting a leadership gig but if the players have a say in it then i'm ok with it. good luck to him.

His fellow players have obviously thought he's a worthy leader plus don't forget you walk taller on the field when you have a lunatic running around with you. ;D

Sintiger said:
However, I would want them learning his habit of attacking every contest as if his life depended on it.

There is a fine line between desperation at the contest and being a bit of a dumb footballer.

That 'habit' more often than not involves him lunging at the ball and losing his feet, thus leaving him out of the contest when someone else takes possession.

As I said before though, best of luck to him and I hope he gets back to his 2013 level.

there is more to being a leader than playing on the footy ground - i seem to remember the same things were being said about the man he replaced jacko when he was moved to the leadership group and look how that ended - what is it these days with all this short memory's

Morris is a great leader/ambassador off the field works hard on the charity's and organizations we support

Maybe we could get Antony Green to comment on the effect of any preference deals and whether there was voting above and below the line.

St Kevin said:
There is a fine line between desperation at the contest and being a bit of a dumb footballer.

Disagree, they're two totally different variables, look at Joel Selwood or Luke Hodge. In a battle to the death, I'm back Steve as one of the top few in the AFL and his teammates can see it in the way he plays.

As Bachar Houli said: "this club has been built on character". Give me a strong team with character than a flashy team that's weak under pressure. We're getting there.

All 3 show desperation at the ball, but Hodge and Selwood go about it in a way that is more beneficial to their teams. Morris' desperation often costs him and his teammates. And he hasn't got the plethora of other tricks that Selwood and Hodge have to compensate.

I'm not disputing Morris' character at all. That part of his reputation was sealed by playing through excruciating pain. He's a warrior. He just needs to play smarter, and this is issue of going to ground is something that was occurring in 2013, when his form was comparatively solid.

Don't mind Morris being included but the omission of Rance and Reiwoldt merits explanation, on the face of it its quite bizarre.

IanG said:
Don't mind Morris being included but the omission of Rance and Reiwoldt merits explanation, on the face of it its quite bizarre.
Yes, they could have included all 3. What happens if Morris' shoulder continues to be a problem in 2015?