2015 Leadership Group | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2015 Leadership Group

Columbo said:
Edwards shouldn't be in there. Nice bloke, nice player, not leadership material. Sounds like a popularity contest.
What would we know? Its voted by the players so obviously he offers something.

bigwow said:
Maybe Jack doesn't want to part of the leadership group. Can still be a leader without a label.

Yep. Said this last season and got shouted down. I'm sure if he put his hand up he'd be in - maybe the ridiculous media circus when he was "demoted" from the leadership group put him off the whole deal. He leads from the front every game in any case.

IanG said:
Still a mystery, why didn't they vote for him?

Although he might be a leader on the field, dare say it's a lack of relatability off the field. Players need someone to go to for guidance with their problems also.

Columbo said:
Edwards shouldn't be in there. Nice bloke, nice player, not leadership material. Sounds like a popularity contest.

Good learning curve for him.

I'm happy with these changes.

Like with others, Jack doesn't need to be. You seen him in games and he is already one. No need to be by name. He already was once and maybe doesn't want to do it again.

Please for Rance and Edwards.

Rance was a no brainer but Edwards inclusion is a real credit to himself. Really has stepped up as a senior player in the past 12 months to become an integral part of the team.
His development as a player & person has been a very bright light.

Columbo said:

Agree. Reward for going missing in big games

I am not a fan of Sheds due to his mediocre performance over the years at Tigerland. To be in a leadership group of an elite sporting club you have to have the form on the board & Sheds does not have that as his stats show.
I am of the opinion Sheds will struggle to get a game this year with Lennon, Lambert, McIntosh panting down his back. Tigers have to move on from players like Sheds who cannot stay on their feet when it is in close. As for Jack he has enough to do without being in the leadership group. To get a kick he has gotta work his butt off, due to those in front & around him . With Rance, Houli ,Sheds pushing their barrows all we need now is a Bhuddist Monk to strip for us.

Tigaman said:
I am not a fan of Sheds due to his mediocre performance over the years at Tigerland. To be in a leadership group of an elite sporting club you have to have the form on the board & Sheds does not have that as his stats show.
I am of the opinion Sheds will struggle to get a game this year with Lennon, Lambert, McIntosh panting down his back. Tigers have to move on from players like Sheds who cannot stay on their feet when it is in close. As for Jack he has enough to do without being in the leadership group. To get a kick he has gotta work his butt off, due to those in front & around him . With Rance, Houli ,Sheds pushing their barrows all we need now is a Bhuddist Monk to strip for us.
The final aside, did you see how much better the team played when Sheds was in it as opposed to when he wasn't? His absence after he broke his leg against Carlton could have been the difference between us making top 4 and missing out. Sheds would be among the first 5 picked every week and those others you name are well behind him. He's also replacing Morris. I guess you missed the GWS game, which was pretty much won by Sheds' goal from outside 60, he also kicked the goal that put us ahead and we went on with it from there. I haven't seen him lose his footing all that often either. Probably got the quickest hands and one of the fastest minds in the side, too.

Pros Chaplin and Morris out.
Cons Jack not in (not captain actually)

I think the Edwards selection is good in that I think it will help his game. He has added resilience and composure over the last 2 or 3 years and this should help his mindset in that regard.

Jack and Rance are the spiritual leaders out there.

Lids shouldn't be in there but if he was dropped it probably wouldn't do him or us any favours , especially in media land.

lamb22 said:
Pros Chaplin and Morris out.
Cons Jack not in (not captain actually)

I think the Edwards selection is good in that I think it will help his game. He has added resilience and composure over the last 2 or 3 years and this should help his mindset in that regard.

Lids shouldn't be in there but if he was dropped it probably wouldn't do him or us any favours , especially in media land.
sorry don't agree at all.

lamb22 said:

I wonder why the players don't vote Jack in if he's such a leader. Strange.

Lids belongs there. I even think he'd be a good Captain.

WesternTiger said:
Love how average joe supporter knows who and who shouldn't be in the leadership group! :hihi

No doubt we wouldn't have a clue. I see Lids as a leader and am happy the playing group obviously agree.

Jack & Rance ...spiritual leaders. Maybe he meant Houli & Rance. Anyway who needs a spiritual leader in a game of footy. Maybe not so distant down the track our Tigers Board will have to appoint a Spiritual leader to coach The Tigers as the wannabees that say they are going to to deliver cannot deliver.