WK3 Finals: The Wedding Rehearsal | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

WK3 Finals: The Wedding Rehearsal

L
Amused Art GIF by Raja The Tiger

At least the crap will stop this week.
No more 'How do Geelong continue to do it?"
'Is Scott the best ever?"
'Why Geelong never rebuilds"
'Geelong is leader in the AFL"

It's going to be 1 excuse after another.
Scott's record is resembling Kennys record with the 1flag.

It's a pity we weren't the ones knocking them out again.

There last 6 games (thanks Daddy Hocking)
Brisbane G
Port AO
WC Shitville
Stkilda Telstra Dome
Freo Optus
Adelaide Shitville.

This from the AFL website;

Holmes overcame gastro illness during the week to feature in front of more than 93,000 fans at the MCG, with some off-field Geelong staff hit with COVID during preparations. The two-time premiership coach said the challenges with illness in his group were not "insurmountable.”

It’s already started.
Ffs. Really ? Holmes had 20 possessions in 3 quarters before going off with hamstring tightness. Couldn't have been too sick.

Neale has a bad foot, McInerney double dislocated a shoulder, they're missing Gardiner, McCarthy and Coleman as well.

Shut up media Geelong fanbois. Just shut up.

Reactions: 3 users
Got this from BF, so true!

Scott got gifted the 2011 flag from Bomber Thompson who had a very good team winning 2007 and 2009 (losing 2008). So its 1 flag in the last 12 years for Chris Scott and heaps of chokes. Break your heart stuff for the cats. Let's not forget the 4 GF's they lost in 1989, 1992, 1994 and 1995

Chris Scott Record - Preliminary Finals
Win: 3
Loss: 6
Win Strike Rate: 33.3%

Overall - Finals
Win: 14
Loss: 16
Win Strike Rate: 46.6%

Yet the media bang on and on and on about Geelong making top 4 consistently. That means absolutely nothing if you don't win the Premiership. I mean sure, Premierships are hard to win...very difficult....but I reckon they (Geelong) have underachieved since 2011 in my opinion.

Reactions: 1 users

Scott got gifted the 2011 flag from Bomber Thompson who had a very good team winning 2007 and 2009 (losing 2008). So its 1 flag in the last 12 years for Chris Scott and heaps of chokes. Break your heart stuff for the cats. Let's not forget the 4 GF's they lost in 1989, 1992, 1994 and 1995

Overall - Finals

Yet the media bang on and on and on about Geelong making top 4 consistently. That means absolutely nothing if you don't win the Premiership. I mean sure, Premierships are hard to win...very difficult....but I reckon they (Geelong) have underachieved since 2011 in my opinion.
If I hear David King call him the 'best coach' in the league again, I will fair dinkum SPEW UP!!!

Reactions: 1 users

Overall - Finals

They can have their home ground advantage because you can't hide in September. All your holes become bigger.
Take away 2022, Scotts record in finals was abysmal, even the X captain, Ling mentions it during the 2019 finals.
They will always finish top 4 because they get 10-11 games at a ground noone else plays at.
They win 7 there and 7 away
That's 14 already
They have a good season and win 8-10 games and win 7 away.
That's top 1-2

They never finish outside of the top 4.
It's either top 4 or totally miss the 8.

Reactions: 1 user