WK3 Finals: The Wedding Rehearsal | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

WK3 Finals: The Wedding Rehearsal

Obviously it’s hard to tell from still shots - but I’m happy to jump to conclusions in comparing this mark with Isaac Henry’s specie last week

The GWS player Buckley looked like he genuinely tried to soften Heeney’s fall and allow him to land on his feet and avoid serious injury

Proven thug Stewart looks like he wanted to drag Lohmann backwards so that he crash landed on his head - in other words he wanted to cause injury
I really don't think there is any other reasonable conclusion.

Was going to resurrect the 2017 GF thread but it's no longer open for replies.

Watching blokes go down with injuries, struggling to get back from them, or basically players with form issues in these and other finals teams this year makes me realise how great our 2017 finals group were as a collective.
Unchanged, fit, resilient and on song when it counted! (Chronically underrated by some unfortunately.)
The joy of that memory remains undiminished 🙂

Reactions: 5 users
The standard of field kicking by Brisbane in the last quarter was off the charts, as good I’ve seen.

The Zac Bailey cut back run to the corridor and kick down the line to Charlie Cameron on the run was unbelievable.

And then Charlie’s poise to dink it back to Achee was sublime.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Watched the last qtr and found myself pleasantly surprised. There was the Moggies storming home, getting to a couple of points up n with victory hanging off their finger tips. Big Jizza flashing in having multiple shots at goal n looking like a super star.
Then Brisvegas dug deep n found just another little bit more n suddenly I simply couldn't stop grinning.

Brisvegas n Sydaknee grand final n I simply couldn't give a stuff. Carn the winner.

Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone raised the issue that Geelong should have played at home yet?

Reactions: 2 users
4 flags in 17 years and always thereabouts.

Well, you can also say it's 4 flags in 60 years. They have played in 10 GF's in the last 35 years and only won 4 flags. Richmond has also played in 10 GF's in the last 57 years and won 8 flags.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone raised the issue that Geelong should have played at home yet?
I’m sure someone will bring it up.

But under what scenario will they get to play a final down there under the AFLs crowd maximisation philosophy? What final wouldn’t attract more than what their home ground can fit (40,000?)

Freo? GWS? WC? Suns? :ROFLMAO:

Even these finals in Melbourne would get more than 40,0000. Must be time for Shocking to get back to AFL house and change the rule.

Reactions: 1 user
Leaving aside the minor matter of us winning the wooden spoon it was otherwise a perfect season.

Highlights:-
- Collingwood dies in the arse once again before September.
- Carlton limps into the semis and immediately gets drop-kicked out.
- Once great Hawthorn suffers serious delusions of grandeur under Kennett lovechild Mitchell. Smiling Sambo may never recover.
- Sweetest of all the Cats did a Gary Sidebottom and missed the GF bus. Their combination of arrogance/ignorance got its just reward.

Looking forward to enjoying Sydney v Brisbane. Should be an epic!

Reactions: 8 users
Leaving aside the minor matter of us winning the wooden spoon it was otherwise a perfect season.

Highlights:-
- Collingwood dies in the arse once again before September.
- Carlton limps into the semis and immediately gets drop-kicked out.
- Once great Hawthorn suffers serious delusions of grandeur under Kennett lovechild Mitchell. Smiling Sambo may never recover.
- Sweetest of all the Cats did a Gary Sidebottom and missed the GF bus. Their combination of arrogance/ignorance got its just reward.

Looking forward to enjoying Sydney v Brisbane. Should be an epic!
You forgot to include Essendon being talked up as a 'top four lock' in June before falling in a heap (again), and extending their finals-win drought to 20 years.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 19 users
I really don't think there is any other reasonable conclusion.
You can never be sure with the Cats, they're a dirty team coached by a serial thug, and it is Sniper doing it, but I saw this in real time, and Stewart is desperately trying to prevent Lohmann from taking the mark, so like the cheat he is, he grabs the jumper as Lohmann gets airborne. I don't think there's any intention to hurt and fortunately Lohmann was okay. Highly likely if he hadn't taken the grab that he would have been given the free kick for being held, then again it is Geelong and Daddy Hocking has the umpires in his pocket, so maybe not.

I wonder if anyone will bring up how often the Cats fail to win the GF? Collingwood did this for years and were a laughing stock, yet with the Cats it's all how good they are to stay up there. Same with Port, Hinkley has consistently got them into the pointy end of the series and now he's fighting to keep his gig, yet at Sleepy Hollow they're getting ready to build a statue of Salty.

Reactions: 1 users
Well, you can also say it's 4 flags in 60 years. They have played in 10 GF's in the last 35 years and only won 4 flags. Richmond has also played in 10 GF's in the last 57 years and won 8 flags.
Look, i hate the cats with a passion.
But there record over the last 20 years is unbelievable.

It was an EX TIGER that was one of the main causes of Geelong's demise, 'well done young man':cool:

Tyson Stengle​

Horror show of a night for the goalsneak. Burned teammates and missed shots. Disaster.

Expert Rating 1.5

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
Geelong crisis centre inundated with calls from depressed fans. Police alert for gone missing puss Selly usually domiciled at Kardinia Park Oval.

• Haha
It was an EX TIGER that was one of the main causes of Geelong's demise, 'well done young man':cool:

Tyson Stengle​

Horror show of a night for the goalsneak. Burned teammates and missed shots. Disaster.

Expert Rating 1.5
Yep. By all reports he was more productive on the floor of the Geelong nightclub the other month.