West Coast Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

West Coast Game Day Thread

Tigers of Old said:
King did ok today. Made his usual share of errors but certainly tried his arse off.
McGuane did very well today too overall I thought. Only a couple of glaring mistakes but a solid game.
Farmer too played ok. A few mistakes but did reasonably well on the whole.

Here here, Old tiger, Kingy was real good today.

You obviously take the stats too seriously Jinxy. Wake up pal!

Tigers of Old said:
King did ok today. Made his usual share of errors but certainly tried his arse off.
McGuane did very well today too overall I thought. Only a couple of glaring mistakes but a solid game.
Farmer too played ok. A few mistakes but did reasonably well on the whole.
Agree with that , could also ad White to that mix as he played well with a couple of his usual clangers, good thing for me is that Hardwick seems to be getting 100% out of the fringies.

On Farmer I thought it was probally his second best game for the club, however he really seems only able to play at a slow intensity, hope Im wrong , just not seeing a single thing to make believe he has it, really think he should play a lot more at VFL level this year, then big pre season and see what happpens

I genuinely believe our skills have improved after watching live for the first time since the Melbourne game.

Very enjoyable day :clap

Two things impressed me today:

1. the kick to the advantage of our player when kicking to one on ones, in particular to Reiwoldt
2. the constant pressure applied on the opposition, to a point that even when they weren't under pressure, they felt they were and would cough it up.

Keep the game plan going. It's starting to come together nicely.

KiwiTig said:
I genuinely believe our skills have improved after watching live for the first time since the Melbourne game.

Very enjoyable day  :clap

Thought we were flattered a bit by the number of errors made by the opposition plus their generally slow ball transfer, but our improvement is obvious. We clearly have a better handle on the game plan and are playing with more confidence and a sense of purpose.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Thought we were flattered a bit by the number of errors made by the opposition plus their generally slow ball transfer, but our improvement is obvious. We clearly have a better handle on the game plan and are playing with more confidence and a sense of purpose.

Agree, the Eagles were rubbish. We were very good and the signs are there.

The Jack show was just superb. Watching him take the leap. Amazing first 15 minutes, unstoppable. Wouldn't mind seeing players Jacks age and games who have kicked 10. Don't think it would be a huge list. He is becomng elite. The best thing is, his ability to win contested marks requires the ball to be moved fast and direct. This also masks our weaknesses. We need to be handling the ball as few times as possible before it gets into the 50. Just good to see a Richmond player dominate and have the power of the crowd behind him. Very loud 30k today.

GoodOne said:

1. the kick to the advantage of our player when kicking to one on ones, in particular to Reiwoldt
2. the constant pressure applied on the opposition, to a point that even when they weren't under pressure, they felt they were and would cough it up.

Keep it all going. We look like we are heading in the right direction.

West coast are butchers. Watching them play, kinda feels like what it would be like for other teams playing us. We have definately improved. Jack, Martin, Nason, Edwards, Graham were superb.

I just watched the highlights of all the goals (for Jack). At least it doesn't look like he is taking all his marks the same way and he wont run out of puff if they kick it to a contest, but I am surprised, they looked more one on one than 2 or 3 on one, meaning, clubs will put more pressure on than what the Coasters seemed to today.

(Again, I only saw the snippets on the AFL site, this might have to be one of the games I purchase for the year.)

GoodOne said:

There's definitely more improvement in the way they play now. The players 'reading the play' was superb today.

SCOOP said:
the Eagles were rubbish.

Too right they were Scooper. We weren't.
Makes for a nice change for the shoe to be on the other foot doesn't it?

Riewoldt's strength is the difference this year.
Still doesn't have great pace but defenders are struggling against him body to body.
and ain't he just so damn smart. No athlete, this guys all footballer.

Our level of rubbishness dropped without Simmonds and Rance.

se7en said:
If anyone is interested. JR's 5 goals in the 1st quarter for the game on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5RIXp9IhaQ&feature=player_embedded
Gee, all class. No lucky goals there.

GoodOne said:

1. the kick to the advantage of our player when kicking to one on ones, in particular to Reiwoldt2. the constant pressure applied on the opposition, to a point that even when they weren't under pressure, they felt they were and would cough it up.

Agree it stood out like the proverbial. Having the confidence in Jack seems to have relaxed the kickers a bit and they are naturally kicking in his favour - helps that he's a genius at judging the flight

Tigers of Old said:
Riewoldt's strength is the difference this year.
Still doesn't have great pace but defenders are struggling against him body to body.

He still doesn't look that big either, could easily do with another 10kg