West Coast Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

West Coast Game Day Thread

thejinx said:
I did watch the game--- and my memory is longer than a day.

King tried hard - which is always great to see. But unless he starts making better decisions (what is it with him and handballing to teammates under pressure?), increases his disposal efficiency and stops giving away stupid free kicks, he'll only ever be a stop gap until something better comes along.

I really doubt it Jinxy or you'd remember his terrfic debut year, his brownlow votes in his second year, his tagging work under Rawlings at the end of his third year and his towelling up of most opponents this year or the fact he was our most influential player at Coburg when he played there this year as well.

His decision making with or without the ball is actually first rate, as is his ability to keep his feet, and good hands and keeping his eyes on the ball. One of the few dual footed players we have -( check out our first goal again)

Wake up to yourself Jinxy - Smell the coffee and the roses and get on board the Kingy express - we even take grumblers.

Tigers of Old said:
I'm sure clawsy enjoyed the win as much as anyone balooga.
Though not sure our list is still worse than the Weagals anymore.. ;)
Where is the claw sorry?

It's great to see Edwards developing. It is vital that players like Edwards, Connors, Collins etc develop enough to be able to run through the midfield. As we have seen with Geelong - Midfield depth is absolutely crucial. With the addition of Martin and Deledio not being required to be a starting midfielder, it has really helped with rotations and finally we are not limited to one or two midfielders every week.

I was critical of Lids and his inability to play as a key onballer. I must admit i feel he has really found his niche in the back half and he has been in absolutely stellar form.

thejinx said:
Sorry Lamby - but you've lost me on this one...

You've been in the wilderness long before that post Jinxy. You should actually try to observe what goes on rather than get distracted by the static generated by TV peanuts or PRE grumblers.

lamb22 said:
His decision making with or without the ball is actually first rate, as is his ability to keep his feet, and good hands and keeping his eyes on the ball. One of the few dual footed players we have -( check out our first goal again)

sorry Alan that was an ordinary up and under kick with no penetration that Jack made good. He played a very good game overrall though no arguments.

Daigoro said:
sorry Alan that was an ordinary up and under kick with no penetration that Jack made good. He played a very good game overrall though no arguments.

Really, why did the eagle backs make such a hash of a lolly then. Gee 50 metre kicks on the left from the wing (after pantsing Hurn) which run on to just outside the goal square are up and unders now?

Everyone is so quick to have a crack at Kingy, and I'll admit that I get nervous when he gets the ball on the Half back flank. But if you judge him on what he does, he does it extremely well. This year he has done nothing wrong, playing defensive roles on the oppositions most potent player and giving them a hiding.

And yes you could say he his disposal efficiency is low, but that is only becasue he is willing to take risks and not play boring football.

Keep it up Kingy!!!!!

Kingy, u gotta luv him, but he will not be a part of our future on the playing field.

However he may be on our list for at least another year as an example to the kids around him about attack on the football.

He also is very good in a mentoring role with the kids at Coburg so I see a role for the little fella going forward, just not long term on the seniors list.

Tigers of Old said:
It is indeed 8ty. Still prone to the odd stray disposal but overall he's showing real improvement this year.
Reckon two more pre-seasons for Edwards will make a world of difference for him. Seems a keeper.

Elmer said:
Reckon two more pre-seasons for Edwards will make a world of difference for him. Seems a keeper.
I'm a fan but he frustrated the hell out of me with his habit after a nice run to squib kicks or hit them off the side of the boot even when he's had time to balance

lamb22 said:
You've been in the wilderness long before that post Jinxy. You should actually try to observe what goes on rather than get distracted by the static generated by TV peanuts or PRE grumblers.

So just because I disagree with you, I somehow can't make up my own mind and have my own opinion?

My opinion on King is based on what I've see with my own eyes over the years of him being with us, and statistical references.

Dunno what your watching...

thejinx said:
So just because I disagree with you, I somehow can't make up my own mind and have my own opinion?

My opinion on King is based on what I've see with my own eyes over the years of him being with us, and statistical references.

Dunno what your watching...

Excerpt from 2008 prospectus

King's outstanding season as a rookie was rewarded with a top 10 finish in the B & F and elevation to the senior list in 2008 - he averaged 17 disposals - the second most of any 2007 debutant and won 47 more disposals in total than his direct opponent despite matching up on a dangerous small forward each week. He allowed only 17 goals in 19 games and conceded more than two in a match just once. When in posession King took a while to adjust to the tempo of AFL footy. In his first nine games his kicking was beow average for a defender, hitting the target 76% of the time. But in his final 10 games his kicking efficiency was an above average 85%.

You're entitled to your own opinion Jinxy but not your own facts. Dont know where you get your stats from? Probably from Dwayne and Gerard with a secret camera in the dressing rooms.

There is this myth that Jake has not played well at the level which is simply not borne out by the facts. Had a stellar debut year. As I said previously he polled brownlow votes in two games in 08, was very good as a tagger under Rawlings in 09 and has played well this year and he still hasn''t chalked up 50 games.

And all this playing out of position as he was mostly a mid/forward pre AFL. He is now in his right position at Richmond as a half forward and all power to him.

King's defensive pressure on the weekend was outstanding. It's something we've been missing in the earlier games of the season. King has played his way back into the team and is making the most of his oppotunities. I applaud that, and whilst he performs he deserves his spot. He is never going to be that classy silky skilled player that we wish every player on the field would have. He may even be a depth player, but these are the sort of players you need on your list. A keeper at this stage.

I'm with a few others on here I think, in that I love Kingy and the way he plays, but just don't think he's up to it. I fully agree he played well on the weekend, but I just think that he is simply not up to it in terms of skill level. Even on the weekend his disposal efficiency was something like 44%, and that was in a good game for him.

i watched the replay this morning and i was realy impressed with bling farmer connors and edwards. i didnt notice them that much when i was at the g sunday but in the replay ,these bouys took the first option and did the team thing most of the time. realy think edwards id building and coming along nicely