Welcome Tyler Sonsie | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tyler Sonsie

Dimma said this on the latest episode of Talking Tigers:

"what i love about this kid, (Sonsie), is that he just found it 27 times on the weekend , he has some work to do on his fitness but one thing you can't teach a player is how to win the ball". :clap2
The "Sonz" might be playing senior footy earlier than many of us thought.

Reactions: 1 user
I just finished watching Show Me The Money, the doco on the 2021 trade/draft period that launched on Stan a few hours ago. The Sonz features in the final 10 minutes. Quite a draft night for him. He looks like quite a sensitive kid.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
That'd be nice.

DS
Watched the new Stan doco “Show Me The Money” about player managers in last years trade and draft period. The last episode (3) has a the night Sonsie was drafted. Very moving for the kid as he expected to go earlier. He was in tears by the time we called his name out and the relief was palpable. One thing that struck me was that he was so young compared with someone like Horne-Francis. He has some maturing to do this year but is going to be a cracker. Can’t wait.

Reactions: 11 users
You can’t help but like him more after that doco. They all talk of a top 5 talent.

Was a hard watch. He wants this.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Under the direct tutelage of Kingsley, King Chimp and Dusty, Lambo, Shedda, Dion, and even Graham he's spoilt for mentorship.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Watched the new Stan doco “Show Me The Money” about player managers in last years trade and draft period. The last episode (3) has a the night Sonsie was drafted. Very moving for the kid as he expected to go earlier. He was in tears by the time we called his name out and the relief was palpable. One thing that struck me was that he was so young compared with someone like Horne-Francis. He has some maturing to do this year but is going to be a cracker. Can’t wait.
The last person to cry after we drafted him was Corey Ellis. Hopefully not an omen

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
That'd be nice.

DS
The last person to cry after we drafted him was Corey Ellis. Hopefully not an omen
He was crying before we drafted him. As soon as we called his name he stopped.

He was crying before we drafted him. As soon as we called his name he stopped.
As opposed to Corey Ellis who was fine before we drafted him, and he started crying when we did draft him

Come on KK. Long bow.

Sonsie has already shown more in one practice game than Ellis did over his career.
I dunno smoking. Don't you remember the kick CEllis hit TV with lace out against Freo. That was a thing of beauty that very few match.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Not a bad show i thought. Loved the Sonsie bit. Thought Colin Young came across as a bit of a wanker.

Footage of players who didn't get drafted at all might be interesting.

Reactions: 2 users