Welcome Tyler Sonsie | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tyler Sonsie

The kid only started training fully in February, give him another 3-4 full weeks on thetrack and some vfl game time, will probably remain in rhe side for the rest of the season
Agree.
Has had a chequered past two covid affected years and a stunted pre season.
Talent to burn, but let’s get him fit and well prepared so once the Sonz is launched, he’s staying put.

Reactions: 2 users
Agree.
Has had a chequered past two covid affected years and a stunted pre season.
Talent to burn, but let’s get him fit and well prepared so once the Sonz is launched, he’s staying put.
By chequered you mean he was doing the wrong things bordering on illegal stuff?
From what I heard from people who know him was like a lot of kids he struggled with the isolation of lockdowns. Footy was his whole life and it was being taken away.

By chequered you mean he was doing the wrong things bordering on illegal stuff?
From what I heard from people who know him was like a lot of kids he struggled with the isolation of lockdowns. Footy was his whole life and it was being taken away.
No, I meant his last two years of life / footy has been interupted / impacted / affected by covid / lockdowns.

Incident happened right in front of me he is lucky to be available this week.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
From VFL report:

Tyler Sonsie (20 disposals, five inside-50s, three clearances, one goal)

"His game was a really solid one on the back of his defence, and then he was able to impact offensively as well."

Reactions: 8 users
First game n the kid gets himself reported for striking, lucky for him it was his first offence n he gets a freebie for an early plea. Fish Pickett has mongrel n plays the game as hard as it can be played. Smackin opponents in the head ain't mongrel, it's gutless n stupid.

Reactions: 1 user
First game n the kid gets himself reported for striking, lucky for him it was his first offence n he gets a freebie for an early plea. Fish Pickett has mongrel n plays the game as hard as it can be played. Smackin opponents in the head ain't mongrel, it's gutless n stupid.
I rather have a kid play on the edge then float around the ground like a ballerina.
Hodge, Voss, Castagna all played on the edge

Did he dish out the Malachi Crunch?

To fully explain the incident Sonsie was 2 on 1 and trying to get to the SouthPort Sharks player who was in the process of gathering the ball but was being well shepherded by a teammate, the Sonz got a bit frustrated and swung a bit of a roundarm at the body but copped him high, decking him. Sonz immediately looked shocked and realized he had made a boo boo and raised his hands in submission and in acknowledgement of his error. He spent the the next 30 seconds pooing his Dax as Ex Gold Coast now SouthPort ruckman, (Brayden Crossley who has probably added another 10 kg to his previous102kg frame), headed in his direction to remonstrate.

Reactions: 1 users
All due respect TM, it was judged to be careless and low impact. Gutless and stupid might be a bit strongly worded under the circumstances although I get your drift re playing hard football