Welcome Tyler Sonsie | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tyler Sonsie

Nah, too short a farce, I want more farce.

I actually think he will need some experience at VFL level first, give him a few games and then sort out how best to include him in the AFL team.

DS

Sonsie won't fix our midfield problems by himself right now so may as well give him some more time in the seconds to get settled

Reactions: 4 users
Sonsie won't fix our midfield problems by himself right now so may as well give him some more time in the seconds to get settled
No one is saying he is the saviour but coming into the senior time won’t harm his development. If anything it will enhance it.

Reactions: 1 users
Bring him in and play him out of position. That seems to be the Richmond way of development in the last couple of years

• Haha
Come around to thinking we should pick Sonsie, even if we play him on a forward flank with stints in the midfield. We've seen other talent young recruits make an impact in week 1. Our side needs more players who can find it & use it. The lad has played against men before..start his education at the snr level now.

Reactions: 10 users
Come around to thinking we should pick Sonsie, even if we play him on a forward flank with stints in the midfield. We've seen other talent young recruits make an impact in week 1. Our side needs more players who can find it & use it. The lad has played against men before..start his education at the snr level now.

Yep. Even if he comes into the side and plays the Rachele role he might kick 2 or 3.

So many kids with great debuts last week. The Sonz is more talented than most of them.

Reactions: 1 user
Bring him in and play him out of position. That seems to be the Richmond way of development in the last couple of years
Haha!

Man if I was a coach I'd ask players where they wanna play and play them there. That's where they will enjoy their footy the most, and that's one piece of the puzzle to having them play their best footy, actually enjoying their full-time job.

If they flourish in the position, great, if not then you can explore alternatives or they sadly just don't make it.

The fact that we took Ross, a decent looking inside midfielder who had an outstanding first few games, and turned him into a...half back flank... is just ridiculous...

Haha!

Man if I was a coach I'd ask players where they wanna play and play them there. That's where they will enjoy their footy the most, and that's one piece of the puzzle to having them play their best footy, actually enjoying their full-time job.

If they flourish in the position, great, if not then you can explore alternatives or they sadly just don't make it.

The fact that we took Ross, a decent looking inside midfielder who had an outstanding first few games, and turned him into a...half back flank... is just ridiculous...
Apparently Higgins wanted to play ruck

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Haha!

haha I got asked that once way way back in the Public Service League and I said "half forward flank" and v the Public Works dept I got Laurie Fowler. Man I got toweled up.

• Haha
Going by the whole 'he was considered to be a top 5 talent at the start of last year', he must have something going for him.
Obviously we're going to have to wait n see before anyone has a true indication of what the Sonze has got. But, considering he was so highly rated early n then almost dropped off the recruiting radar by draft night. There has to be a question mark or two regarding the kid. We took him with our third pick at 28 of 65 drafted on the night n all clubs had plenty of opportunity consider him.

Reactions: 1 user
Sonsie has lifted to the level when he has been played in VFL. He has been very noticeable and not just making up the numbers. There have been a number of new recruits who played round one and were also great contributors. Play the kid and let’s see What he’s got.

The kid only started training fully in February, give him another 3-4 full weeks on thetrack and some vfl game time, will probably remain in rhe side for the rest of the season

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users