Welcome Tyler Sonsie | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tyler Sonsie

Easy to see the negatives with the Sonz and becoming harder to find positives, however I’m going to g

o against the grain , went back with the flight last night and wore it , great effort , Ooooze was wrapt , however a teammate doing that , even though that was once just what we did would have had half the team giving pats on the arse , however Sonz hardly got a fist pump , however that’s a whole different issue with this team atm . Anyhoo as much as I dislike “ outside” players , I think he can have an important role in this team next year. Yep obviously has to get tougher and more honest, I’d have him run around Australia for his pre season , then when he gets back swim to Tassie and row a boat back for his warm down. Critical the Sonz gets so much fitter for every aspect of his game
Getting his fitness up is the easy bit. Getting him to find the hard edged dirty knees competitive grunt that hides between the ears is the challenge. Find that and he'll make a player, without it he's VFL or suburban.

Reactions: 1 users
Did just fine last year
Nah not really. 5 of Coulthard's 8 games at VFL level last year were 10 disposals or less. Has played 19 VFL games now and kicked 14 goals 5 behinds. For a 23yo it's just not cutting the mustard for a small forward in a team that's doing pretty well. Has played a couple of better games in the last 4 but more up and down the ground, more of a wing style. I think as a small forward Steele has passed him potential-wise. Is not contracted beyond this year, will be interesting to see if he makes the cut.

Reactions: 2 users
Getting his fitness up is the easy bit. Getting him to find the hard edged dirty knees competitive grunt that hides between the ears is the challenge. Find that and he'll make a player, without it he's VFL or suburban.
None of this can be taught you have it or you don’t, just the same way many have strong work ethic and have pride in what they do or their performance whereas others just do the minimum to get paid.

Sonsie’s footy is casual some would say aloof, I wonder if he has a casualness about him personality wise.

The anti Lambert.

Big opportunity to step it up today against some quality opposition.

I couldn’t be arsed watching the game today. Had a better offer which involved cleaning dry cat *smile* off some storage boxes. But I've noticed that Sonsie appears to been on the bench all of q4. Injured? If so why wasn't he subbed off?

3 disposals in 3 quarters.

He's likely back to the VFL next week, might be there for a while.

3 disposals in 3 quarters.

He's back to the VFL next week, might be there for a while.

Sitting on the bench he looked like a bloke that already where he was playing next week.
Agree. Shows nothing. Banks looks more effective.

Sonsie should have been dropped weeks ago. Poor player management again and again. A car without wheels

Reactions: 1 users
Just no urgency in his play. Seems to just go through the motions. Is he desperate enough for an afl career?