Welcome Tom Brown | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tom Brown

He is the least of our worries. Been a highlight in a pretty grim year.
I’d call Miller a highlight.
I’d call McCauliff and Blight as first year players a highlight.
Not sure Brown makes the cut myself. Shown a bit but a highlight?

Reactions: 3 users
Thought he was clear best of the cubs tonight , that’s not saying much though , couple of times I just wish he’d hit the contest harder , in saying that he’s going ok

Reactions: 6 users
Thought he was clear best of the cubs tonight , that’s not saying much though , couple of times I just wish he’d hit the contest harder , in saying that he’s going ok
Couple of real shockers, the 50 to Walters was diabolical, and the blind handball backwards past 3 teammates to Frederick, holy hell.

Reactions: 2 users
Couple of real shockers, the 50 to Walters was diabolical, and the blind handball backwards past 3 teammates to Frederick, holy hell.
One where he got pinned at half back , I’d much rather see him trying to break through by hitting the contest much harder , rather then just pick the ball up

Thought he played well. Competes well in the air.
Some mistakes so he isnt perfect yet

Reactions: 1 users
Made a couple of blues which is to be expected for a young defender but overall tracking nicely. Just needs more games/experience.

His body & fitness will continue to develop a little & so will his confidence. Still plenty of upside. I am confident he’s going to be very good & can’t wait to see what he can do for a team that’s winning more often than twice a season.

Loved how the commentators last night are already referring to him as one of the better kicks in the comp. As much as we need more young KPP’s I’m comfortable with him over JVR which certainly was not the case 12 months ago

Reactions: 7 users
He has clean hands much of the time vs a couple of the other kids who were very fumbly last night.

Took some kick outs and was looking for the more attacking option.

And to think he was picked up with the pick before Van Royden from the Dees. Monumental F U.

• Dislike
The least of our concerns. Is coming along nicely , if we were playing better as a team he would be a positive!

Has talent and will be a great player after he has played 50 - 70 games.

I like mistakes. Good indicator in a young player. More freedom. More mistakes. He did get some ball. Excellent. More ball would be great.

I like mistakes. Good indicator in a young player. More freedom. More mistakes. He did get some ball. Excellent. More ball would be great.
More balls. Hard balls. Elitely kicked balls. Kick in (the) balls.

ut pila calcitrare pila magis placet

• Love
Im a big fan of him. Clear highlight for mine out of the youngsters this season.

Reactions: 1 user
I’d call Miller a highlight.
I’d call McCauliff and Blight as first year players a highlight.
Not sure Brown makes the cut myself. Shown a bit but a highlight?
Brown sure has shown more than a bit when you consider in the seventeen matches to date, the defence has almost continuously under the pump so as a cub, he has held his own quite nicely. However, I do agree that he does show inexperience at times with schoolboy errors but in the seasons to come I reckon he will come really good for us

Umm that was an extremely soft 50. Surely was not a shocker or diabolical. Barely touched Walter’s and some were calling for Walter’s to be done for staging.

Umm that was an extremely soft 50. Surely was not a shocker or diabolical. Barely touched Walter’s and some were calling for Walter’s to be done for staging.
I disagree. It might have been soft, but it was there. The extreme lateness of it was very poor discipline

There’s a real love affair going on for some on here with Brown.
Seduced by his smooth kicking action and aroused by his composure. I get it, it’s attractive.
But he doesn’t get the ball and I personally reckon he doesn’t like body contact.
Trezise, on the other hand, initiates body contact, rarely loses one on ones but looks scrappy.
Think some on here are willing Brown over the line atm but there doesn’t seem to be nearly the same enthusiasm for Trezise
Totally agree...