Welcome to Tigerland - Tim Taranto | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland - Tim Taranto

Not sure if it's our coaching but every club except us does the shovel / scoop from congestion and get away with it.
I can remember one of our players doing it early in the year, Flossy! And um, he got picked off for it about 35m out from the opposition goal.

I think it's like ther 15m kick rule. For them it's a mark for anything over 5m, for us it';s play on for anything under 25m.

Reactions: 2 users
People say he should be captain lol not even close to it. For the big contract his on and $$ besides his first year been ordinary.
His first year was excellent. He averaged close to a goal a game.
This year he’s had an interrupted year but his disposal has been average despite still getting plenty of the ball again.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone catch his "season review" video on the RFC website - looked and sounded very down and dejected. Not very inspiring. I get that the year was a write off and so many things went wrong, but surely some enthusiasm and energy for what the future holds etc.. would not go astray. Indicated he wanted to explore the leadership side of things - not on that performance.

Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone catch his "season review" video on the RFC website - looked and sounded very down and dejected. Not very inspiring. I get that the year was a write off and so many things went wrong, but surely some enthusiasm and energy for what the future holds etc.. would not go astray. Indicated he wanted to explore the leadership side of things - not on that performance.
Yeah I saw it. I've been noticing his (and Hopper's) body language since Dimma left. You can't blame either for getting burnt and feeling dejected. Let's hope our talented draftees along with the current crop of kids can lift this team next season somehow as he and Hopper really need some enthusiasm.

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Yeah I got that impression. Even the video being titled "Im looking forward to some improvements next year" seems suppose he has found the group around him a bit lacklustre (which they are, but cmon).
I do feel for him that he probably came here with such optimism and now he's just at a fledgeling club and has to brave a rebuild in his prime years.
But it was a weird video to promote as something to inspire the fans haha.
Hopefully the new draft pick kids rejuvenate him.

Reactions: 5 users
I agree that Taranto and Hopper were sold the notion that we were having one last crack at it, but surely no more than that.

They would have known that following that one last crack that a rebuild/reset, whatever you want to call it was required.

Reactions: 1 users
I agree that Taranto and Hopper were sold the notion that we were having one last crack at it, but surely no more than that.

They would have known that following that one last crack that a rebuild/reset, whatever you want to call it was required.
I remember Timmy (like a lot of others from low base membership teams) saying it was more 'playing in front of a big MCG crowd' that made him join us. Even in our bad days, our crowd is there. We just need to start winning more. Elite draftees can really lift some older players in a team (ala Reid at WC earlier this season and also Breust and Gunston at the Dorks)

Its upto Taranto 26yo and Hopper 27yo to show the young cubs coming along some enthusiasm and fight
They agreed to their long 7 year deals knowing theres no guarantees in footy so they need to lift their efforts in 2025 and not sook it up

Its upto Taranto 26yo and Hopper 27yo to show the young cubs coming along some enthusiasm and fight
They agreed to their long 7 year deals knowing theres no guarantees in footy so they need to lift their efforts in 2025 and not sook it up
Agree. Just hurts more seeing your former club in the top 4 and finals.

Reactions: 2 users
Agree. Just hurts more seeing your former club in the top 4 and finals.
Yeah thats it, we can want the world from him and we expect him to bring it but he's still human and that sorta stuff would sting. Lids has been open on how it straight up wrecked him.

Reactions: 4 users
Taranto and Hopper can suck it up if they're on the sook

Shape up and guide the younger crew, there's honour in that

Not the most inspiring interview I have heard and didn't come across as a leader or future captain. All I got from it was excuses and little positivity

Reactions: 1 user