Welcome to Tigerland - Tim Taranto | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland - Tim Taranto

Taranto and Hopper can suck it up if they're on the sook

Shape up and guide the younger crew, there's honour in that
When have the said they won't?
This is a pretty *smile* post.

I know for a fact (despite it also being brought up in the papers) Taranto has been cajoling people to fight through and help the rebuild from the inside. He's doing anything other than being "on the sook". Maybe he's pissed that others don't want to do the hard yards with him. I'd think he's well entitled to be like that. He chose to come here to help us be successful. Others are jumping off.

Prestia is another wanting to leave a positive legacy btw. Not as widely reported (like Broad was for example), but he's deadset trying to help our club.

Reactions: 31 users
He sounded as flat as most of the fans are. I feel a bit for him, he doesn't have the past successes to fall back on. He probably knows it will get worse for at least two years even if we nail the draft picks.
Yep agree, you can't knock his commitment during a game or preseason training for that matter.

Reactions: 2 users
They could counter by asking how many grand finals GWS has played in since they left. Taranto won their B&F the year the made the GF (Hopper was third), and was their best player on the day.
What'd they score, 3 goals?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

I know for a fact (despite it also being brought up in the papers) Taranto has been cajoling people to fight through and help the rebuild from the inside. He's doing anything other than being "on the sook". Maybe he's pissed that others don't want to do the hard yards with him. I'd think he's well entitled to be like that. He chose to come here to help us be successful. Others are jumping off.

Prestia is another wanting to leave a positive legacy btw. Not as widely reported (like Broad was for example), but he's deadset trying to help our club.
Correct on all accounts.

If people want to vent their anger then maybe direct it at those wanting to jump ship.

Reactions: 6 users

100% Playing for Richmond is an honour.

settle.. i said "if they're on the sook".. 'if' being the operative word. it's a question.

and I don't say they're not going to guide the younger crew, I encourage them to

the only vaguely negative thing i have said about TT is that i found his interview not that inspiring
he came across very flat for whatever reasons that I'm sure many on here will testify to

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Tim the toolman should probably worry about fixing his kicking ability before being a sooky la la about where the list is at. He decided to sign the 7 year contract knowing full well that the AFL landscape is continually changing and that there are no certainties.
Personally I see more buy in from Hopper than Tim and he could possibly be perfect trade bait come next year for teams contending.
His finish to the season didn't show me someone trying to lift everyone around them and improve. He looked very sulky in his last games. Compare that to the way Broad, Prestia and even the departing Rioli showed in those last couple of match days.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
settle.. i said "if they're on the sook".. 'if' being the operative word. it's a question.

and I don't say they're not going to guide the younger crew, I encourage them to

the only vaguely negative thing i have said about TT is that i found his interview not that inspiring
he came across very flat for whatever reasons that I'm sure many on here will testify to
Why even ask the question though? There's evidence to say he's been pushing to make the club better.
Where's the evidence he might be "on the sook?"

We need to trust our club a little more.

Reactions: 1 users
Why even ask the question though? There's evidence to say he's been pushing to make the club better.
Where's the evidence he might be "on the sook?"

We need to trust our club a little more.
from within the club it is widely known that (not just) TT and Hopper were upset by Dimmas meltdown and subsequent unrest and mass change at the club which has continued. particularly them because of being relatively new here.

evidence? I'm not in court, but once again, I said "if"... you need to understand I'm asking a question, not making a statement ..

I think the club is in a bit of a mess right now, upheaval and mass change across all levels will do that. but that's not an attack on the club it's the truth, we are in transition.
I do trust the club. The money and support I've given it over 35 years is testimony to that.
Geez man, do i even need to say i rattled a tin as a kid in 1990 to 'save our skins'

I think the club is in a bit of a mess right now, upheaval and mass change across all levels will do that. but that's not an attack on the club it's the truth, we are in transition.
I do trust the club. The money and support I've given it over 35 years is testimony to that.
Geez man, do i even need to say i rattled a tin as a kid in 1990 to 'save our skins'
But is it in a mess?

Gale is going. That's been speculated about for 2-3 years. First the MCG, then the AFL, then Tasmania. He'd been at the top in our area for a long time. Unusual.
Dimma? Burned out? Jumped ship? Worn out welcome? We'll never know. But coaches come and go all the time across the league. With it, we see assistant coaches move. Hardly surprising we've seen out contracts and let Yze find his own people. Every coach wants people they're aligned with.
Matt Clarke? Maybe a surprise. Will we really miss him? Time will tell.
Fitness dude. Pushed. Underperformed? Or crowd pleasing act?.
Balme? Nudged into retirement.

How many of these has the club initiated and are in control of?

We're (PRE) letting volume of movement be the concern here, without understanding the why. Understandable given we've had a dynasty we don't want to lose touch with. But it's already gone. We stay still we'll be holding up 17-18 other clubs as long as Nth.

Reactions: 6 users
But is it in a mess?

Gale is going. That's been speculated about for 2-3 years. First the MCG, then the AFL, then Tasmania. He'd been at the top in our area for a long time. Unusual.
Dimma? Burned out? Jumped ship? Worn out welcome? We'll never know. But coaches come and go all the time across the league. With it, we see assistant coaches move. Hardly surprising we've seen out contracts and let Yze find his own people. Every coach wants people they're aligned with.
Matt Clarke? Maybe a surprise. Will we really miss him? Time will tell.
Fitness dude. Pushed. Underperformed? Or crowd pleasing act?.
Balme? Nudged into retirement.

How many of these has the club initiated and are in control of?

We're (PRE) letting volume of movement be the concern here, without understanding the why. Understandable given we've had a dynasty we don't want to lose touch with. But it's already gone. We stay still we'll be holding up 17-18 other clubs as long as Nth.
imo mass change always creates a mess, or perhaps the better words are 'state of flux'... which the club is in...
the redevelopment of the famous stand and oval, the departure of experienced players, admins, coaches, figureheads ..
it all happened almost at once ... and i think most on here do understand why ..
have we got the right people at the club now? time will tell...
i can't speak for others, but I'm not sentimental nor am i a panic merchant and call things as i see them,
TTs interview included...

Reactions: 3 users
As Olds said, it's up to Yze to get improvement from Taranto.

We've seen what TT can do. We've seen his limitions. If he's fresh and sound next year TT has to find new ways to level up. It could be that he plays a more defensive role. Or that he sharpens up his use. Maybe both. But we need Yze to oversee the improvement. And Taranto to deliver.

Taranto should play half forward. We've seen how we play with him as our strike midfielder.

Plus he kicks the ball much better around goal. The big sticks don't move around.

Makes it easier when you're always looking at your boot.

Plus, it'll give some room to our younger mids.

Besides last year when he played with hunger and urgency, he looked disinterested and lack any urgency this year.
Fingers crossed we see more 2023 Tarranto.

Taranto should play half forward. We've seen how we play with him as our strike midfielder.

Plus he kicks the ball much better around goal. The big sticks don't move around.

Makes it easier when you're always looking at your boot.

Plus, it'll give some room to our younger mids.
I agree with this, I remember him kicking 4 goals against us when he was playing for GWS. I'm not sure that we have enough midfielders at the moment for him to play as a forward though.

Have people here actually forgotten that in 2023 he was talked about as AA, was our club champion, polled highly in the Brownlow and in many media awards? He was consistently very good basically the whole year.

Taranto is still a very good player.

Reactions: 7 users