Welcome to Tigerland - Tim Taranto | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland - Tim Taranto

Welcome back to 1987.
They would bag us 1st opportunity and use us the example with anything bad related to the game.

Did the bloke that wrote this mention we are the best preforming team in the last 20yrs??
Melbourne is no were near usScreenshot_20240816_071211_Facebook.jpg

You must have a miserable life Zips. I feel sorry for you. Nearly every post you write on here is ultra negative, downbeat and discouraging. You need to wake up to the reality that someone has to come last in the AFL. This year it's us and while we don't like it, it will bring some benefits, two amongst them, our first #1 draft pick for 20 years and it gives you fodder for your misery!

Reactions: 2 users
You must have a miserable life Zips. I feel sorry for you. Nearly every post you write on here is ultra negative, downbeat and discouraging. You need to wake up to the reality that someone has to come last in the AFL. This year it's us and while we don't like it, it will bring some benefits, two amongst them, our first #1 draft pick for 20 years and it gives you fodder for your misery!
I've got a top life & you don't need to feel sorry for me.
If you don't like reading my posts block me.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reckon Taranto is just pissed off with a lot of things that have unfolded at RFC since joining the Club.
Who'd blame him. Hope he directs his disappointment at some of those that are no longer associated with Club.
He's a leader and while not equipped with all the greatest skill sets he will be more than a handy player if he gets some committed and skillful players around him.

Reactions: 5 users
Yep Hardwick sold him a pup and swiftly abandoned ship. Could understand him being pissed off but he's a professional footballer and needs to be better.

Disappointing situation all round.

Reactions: 6 users
We could be reading into it a bit much, he's had a few injuries this season and could be banged up and trying to make it through the rest of the season.

Wouldn't hurt to remind him of what Kane Cornes said though.

Reactions: 1 users
Taranto's high standards have dropped. No doubt.
Must be wondering what he's done.
I expect a bounce back in 2025. On big dollars & he wanted to live back in Melb so not all doom & gloom for him. May seek a trade in a couple of years if we’re not making progress.

One month since the concussion. Good. That's about the time you guess it at. And all the other stuff has had time to heal. *smile* year but Taranto is finally sound and fresh.

He was scrappy today. It was 18th v 14th or whatever. It was a dead rubber. The spoon was there to be spooned. Half his team mates are out the door. And now he's good to play.

FFS. He should be pissed off. And it looked like he was. Taranto played a bit angry. I like that. Laid a few tackles from nowhere that were full of venom. Minor hardship can be very good for development.

I always thought Taranto could polish up his game a bit. And level up. We were on the job today. Their midfield is nothing special and we had plans. Hopper lifted. And Taranto did. He was brutal at times. More of that and we have a player who can change a game.

Reactions: 9 users
Only 2 players did not run to congratulate Pickett when he goaled. .
Taranto stayed in the middle snd Miller stayed in defence. Not sure if it means much.

Pretty good clearance numbers from Hopper today... and Taranto is a competitor. Will need the big bodies when Graham goes...

Reactions: 3 users
Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but since his return I reckon he's been making an effort to try step through and break tackles a little bit more rather than just dumping the ball right when there's a little pressure. He's still dumping it mostly but I reckon there's been a small shift. Think he got caught a few times today but I don't mind seeing him try to take it on.

Hopper as well had a couple of nice steps today which I don't think we see enough of from him. Got caught once as well doing that which is fine.

Hopefully this is something they are both working on over the pre season. Next year I want to see them both show more of a willingness to take the game on and start breaking more tackles.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but since his return I reckon he's been making an effort to try step through and break tackles a little bit more rather than just dumping the ball right when there's a little pressure. He's still dumping it mostly but I reckon there's been a small shift. Think he got caught a few times today but I don't mind seeing him try to take it on.

Hopper as well had a couple of nice steps today which I don't think we see enough of from him. Got caught once as well doing that which is fine.

Hopefully this is something they are both working on over the pre season. Next year I want to see them both show more of a willingness to take the game on and start breaking more tackles.
Tarranto is one of the worse kicks of a sherrin I've seen, regardless breaking tackles or not. I'm in shock how bad he is with his disposal either by foot or hand. The commentators even mentioned it, 'Tarranto's handball had to be another metre in front of him'
That won't get better.
Hopper tries but ,,put number 34 on him next year, he is a clone. No speed.
In today's game, no speed - no good

Reactions: 1 users
Definitely not right. Watched him going 3 qtr pace most of the day. Still finds plenty of the ball.

Reckon he should be Capt next year.