Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

Have liked what Riley has done the last few weeks, liked his game again today; with Edwards & Pickett due back next week, he might be touch and go to stay in the team, the midfield cavalry has certainly arrived with Cotch, Presti, Bolton, Eddie & Marlion.

Gets involved in traffic. Bangs bodies. And doesn’t look out of place. Stands up in tackles. Not rushed.

But the concerns about his running are valid. But the good outweighs the bad. By a lot.

Reactions: 9 users
Gets involved in traffic. Bangs bodies. And doesn’t look out of place. Stands up in tackles. Not rushed.

But the concerns about his running are valid. But the good outweighs the bad. By a lot.
Thought he had 14 or 16 to half time. Disappeared in the second half

Reactions: 1 user
Thought he had 14 or 16 to half time. Disappeared in the second half
Yeah I thought he had a busy first half then was quiet after that .
Played well when we were poor in the first quarter.
Good mover in traffic and looks to have a footy brain.
Made a couple of howlers but that’s to be expected early in his career.

First game I was disappointed in him. Just seemed to fumble at crucial times which the crows midfield pounced on. Plus some poor disposal.

But very happy to keep getting games into him. He is an important new cog to the midfield and hopefully grows over the next 10 weeks.

There’s a lot to like in RCD but there are some warning signs too. Has near zero ability to gut run and spread from the contest. This affects our ability to outnumber and pressure the opposition and is contributing to our lackluster defensive efforts.

Remember, he’s not a first year rookie. He’s a third year player with three pre-seasons under his belt and no significant injuries. Should be doing better.
Agree.
Lacks desperate defensive intent when they have advantage in the contest, and then possession.
Sometimes it's just a lunge here, or an arm or hand in there, or even sprinting to the contest rather than jogging.
Not sure its teachable, more like the instincts a natural footballer would have.
And super important if inside contested work is your bread and butter.
I'm pleased that after three years on the list RCD is finally getting decent continuity at senior level.
But, like Jack Ross, I have a nagging suspicion his upside is capped at Average Player.
Too early to be definative. And really hope I'm wrong.

Agree.
Lacks desperate defensive intent when they have advantage in the contest, and then possession.
Sometimes it's just a lunge here, or an arm or hand in there, or even sprinting to the contest rather than jogging.
Not sure its teachable, more like the instincts a natural footballer would have.
And super important if inside contested work is your bread and butter.
I'm pleased that after three years on the list RCD is finally getting decent continuity at senior level.
But, like Jack Ross, I have a nagging suspicion his upside is capped at Average Player.
Too early to be definative. And really hope I'm wrong.
Bit different to Ross I think. RCD has way more game than Ross, who's hard at it but just lacks class at the level. I understand that RCD has had a few years in the system, but it takes time to build a tank good enough for senior footy, and the only way to build it is to play.

RCD might be 3 years in but he did miss most of 2020 in actual game time. You can do all the simulation you like but it does not replace the lessons one learns in actual game time.

I agree with the lets wait and see how he is performing in 2024 with around 50 AFL games under his belt

Reactions: 1 users
Has been solid in the absence of others but personally I'd give him a rest.
I think next week med sub for RCD, I like what he's got but, I've yet to see him lay a significant tackle, he has to get that into his game. Best thing for him is to study Clayton Oliver's intensity.

That handball while being tackled that led to a Martin pass to CCJ who goaled was elite.

Reactions: 4 users
RCD will be ok, but he’s slow - even tonight, 18 disposals but just 5 kicks. He still can be the big bodied inside midfielder we need. Will need to be a gut runner if he has no getaway speed (as it appears).
Clearly we have 2 RCDs. I have seen PLENTY of explosive moves from this kid. He only pulls it out when necessary. He has a truly explosive first 3-4 steps. Top speed OK not amazing.

I thought he was one of our better players when we were playing *smile* in the first quarter but seemed to fade out after that.

Can understand why some are saying he's just average. Few things just don't do it for me with RCD..... yet. As I said after his first couple of games and a few people were getting really excited, he's still a watch and see for mine. Happy for him to stay in the side for now so we can learn a bit more esp whilst we're still carrying a few injuries e.g. Lambo

This kid is going to be key to our next generation of Premiers. No idea why CC hates him so much.

• Haha
Agree he’s gonna be good. Perhaps real good. Has got Ross covered for inside mid. Actually has him covered in all facets of the game. A couple of pre seasons and he’ll be a powerhouse.