Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

What?

I was saying I was wrong and you were right and he's not quick.

Some cues in my post: using the word "I". Twice. Also the sentence: "He's not quick."
I thought by quoting me you were referring to me and taking the *smile*.

Anyway, we both hope he is a decent player long term. He certainly has some attributes. Best among them for me his ability to find the ball in heavier traffic. We got smashed in clearances last night but at the tighter ones (eg ruck contests near the boundary) he wasn’t too bad.

Anyway, we both hope he is a decent player long term. He certainly has some attributes. Best among them for me his ability to find the ball in heavier traffic. We got smashed in clearances last night but at the tighter ones (eg ruck contests near the boundary) he wasn’t too bad.
Yeah, he has clean hands a bit of composure.

Reactions: 1 user
Is a keeper. Still only a kid for mine. Will be interesting to see with hard work where he will be at 26.

RCD isn’t slow explosiveness and speed were his main strengths when tested in his draft year
Endurance was what he needed to work on

Yep, like Graham and Dusty, speed can be deceptive to the eye, so you have to trust their draft testing numbers.

Other players tested slower than they appear, like Naish.

One thing I did notice last night is that he does look slow in defensive transition and chase. Looks faster with ball in hand.

Ross is the same.

Our system relies on these guys getting back to help force turnover and surging it forward again. We are lacking this with Prestia, Cotch and Lambert out of the side.

I said it after last weeks game, RCD isn't quick in terms of getting up to running speed, but he has acceleration. We saw that when bursting out of the middle, his 1st 3 or 4 steps are very fast, but his bodies not built to speed up from there. He's like the anti Graham, slowish over the 1st few steps, but gets up to a decent speed. Its great going forward having that acceleration but it hurts when having to chase the ball.

Felt he was used outside as a go-to midfielder. He only had 1 contested possession and 1 clearance. Expected particularly a lot more contested work. Mind you only 2 players had more than 2 clearances, Nanks with 5 and Picket with 4.

Another handy game. Defensive side (can't chase) needs work but contested stuff good and decision-making decent (bar the nothing kick instead of the handball to Aarts in the last that led to a turnover goal).

Reactions: 5 users
Another handy game. Defensive side (can't chase) needs work but contested stuff good and decision-making decent (bar the nothing kick instead of the handball to Aarts in the last that led to a turnover goal).

Yeah agree. We can excuse the defensive stuff with Cotchin and Prestia back. Keep him in.

He does need to become a Bontempelli gut runner with no leg speed plus become elite by foot. The turnover inside kick early in the last was dreadful - imagine that in a close final. I think he’s got it in him to get better & he’ll work to improve. Massive running summer ahead for Riley now that he’s had a taste of what’s needed at AFL level.

Reactions: 1 users
Never goes to ground and always gets his hands free to give it off. Good traits.

Reactions: 3 users
Alfie is progressing nicely. This was his first moderately easy game

Stands up in the tackle and releases handball - crucial attribute to have. Just needs to work on his two way running. Keeps playing. We need him to get to 50 games ASAP.

Reactions: 2 users
There’s a lot to like in RCD but there are some warning signs too. Has near zero ability to gut run and spread from the contest. This affects our ability to outnumber and pressure the opposition and is contributing to our lackluster defensive efforts.

Remember, he’s not a first year rookie. He’s a third year player with three pre-seasons under his belt and no significant injuries. Should be doing better.

First half was poor, picked it up in the second half.

Not consistent enough to keep the returning senior players out.