Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

I think he looks a really promising player with ball in hand, suspect he has a fair bit to learn about what to do when we don’t have the ball, but I’d back the club in to teach him what he needs to know. Looks a player to me.
Perfect assessment. Composed and focused with the footy. Sometimes looks pretty lazy without it

Reactions: 3 users
RCD will be ok, but he’s slow - even tonight, 18 disposals but just 5 kicks. He still can be the big bodied inside midfielder we need. Will need to be a gut runner if he has no getaway speed (as it appears).

Did well considering what went on out there tonight. Really looking forward to seeing him play when he's surrounded by our returning classy mids.

Reactions: 6 users
Tracking well.

Will improve with our best midfield back.

Will improve even more with experience. Remember, he debuted a few weeks ago, only what, 4 games now?

DS

Reactions: 1 users
Tracking well.

Will improve with our best midfield back.

Will improve even more with experience. Remember, he debuted a few weeks ago, only what, 4 games now?

DS
I agree David. .... can't expect him to come in and be Riley Cotchin-Prestia!
He might be slow as some suggest but he makes pretty good decisions and who knows what we might have when the rest come back.
Doubt his magnet is being moved to the 'needs a spell' column.

I don’t think he is as slow as he looks. He is a long-strider like Bont. He wasn’t run down.

Reactions: 5 users
RCD isn’t slow explosiveness and speed were his main strengths when tested in his draft year
Endurance was what he needed to work on

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
One thing I did notice last night is that he does look slow in defensive transition and chase. Looks faster with ball in hand.

Ross is the same.

Our system relies on these guys getting back to help force turnover and surging it forward again. We are lacking this with Prestia, Cotch and Lambert out of the side.

Reactions: 5 users
Going OK. Call me when he hits 50 games.
Totally agree. Going well so far but...these are the same sort of comments people were making about Jack Ross and Sydney Stack (and Dean Polo and a hundred other blokes) after a few games. Read the Jack Ross thread now.

Reactions: 1 user
One thing I did notice last night is that he does look slow in defensive transition and chase. Looks faster with ball in hand.

Ross is the same.

Our system relies on these guys getting back to help force turnover and surging it forward again. We are lacking this with Prestia, Cotch and Lambert out of the side.
There seems to be a bit of tentativeness and lack of urgency on defence or with the bal in dispute.
Same for Ross.
Imo that,s young kids who look for Dusty etc to go first.
It will come and they will ramp up their involvement

Ok, I was wrrrr-rrrr

I was wrrrr-rrrr

He's not quick.
Wrong about what ? Kid has only played 4 games ! Ok. You think he’s a star. Great. Good for you. Sounds like premature cheer squad type excitement to me. Only played a handful of games. He was just fair to passable last night. Don’t blow a load over that. Gee amount of times those sorts of early doors assessments have blown up in people’s faces is endless. I’m just gonna continue to watch the rest of the year before juicing up like you are.

He’s not quick. Grimes, Castagna, Balta, Edwards etc are quick. Bunch of attributes but he is not quick in the true sense of the word.

Last edited:
Totally agree. Going well so far but...these are the same sort of comments people were making about Jack Ross and Sydney Stack (and Dean Polo and a hundred other blokes) after a few games. Read the Jack Ross thread now.
Absolutely. You’d think with one or two people we had a Brownlow winner on our hands. Kid has only played 4 games ffs. People were bagging the *smile* out of him in the VFL and now, after 4 games, he’s a wunderkid.

Give it time.

Last edited:
Wrong about what ? Kid has only played 4 games ! Ok. You think he’s a star. Great. Good for you. Sounds like premature cheer squad type excitement to me. Only played a handful of games. He was just fair to passable last night. Don’t blow a load over that. Gee amount of times those sorts of early doors assessments have blown up in people’s faces is endless. I’m just gonna continue to watch the rest of the year before juicing up like you are.

He’s not quick. Grimes, Castagna, Balta, Edwards etc are quick. Bunch of attributes but he is not quick in the true sense of the word.
What?

I was saying I was wrong and you were right and he's not quick.

Some cues in my post: using the word "I". Twice. Also the sentence: "He's not quick."