Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper

Overall has been a tad disappointing, though injuries hasn’t helped , thought he was good considering his lack of footy , doubt he’ll get up to the AGrade talent we need in the middle , however as we go forward and if he stays fit I believe he can be vital to the cubs and more then handy in the midfield rotation . Bloody hard to get the yards needed into the legs when you’re not on the park .

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah but it was his first game in how long? He flogged Cripps earlier in the year.
He was good yesterday. We had their midfield under control in that second quarter. What hurt us was they stopped Taranto by sending Cincotta to him.

Yeah but it was his first game in how long? He flogged Cripps earlier in the year.
Flogged is stretching it. Played well for half a game sure.
Limited is a better way to put it. Less so but Cripps was still very influential in that game.

Hopper will be better for the run. I just hope his body holds together.

Reactions: 1 user
Get a couple of class young kids next to him & Tarranto plus Bolton , things won’t look so bad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hypothetically.

If Hopper stays fit. We draft a top 2 midfielder. And we pick up a decent 2nd-tier mid next year.

We could turnaround pretty quickly.

(Apart from the glaring gaps in quality all over the field...)

Can we please leave him in Melbourne vs freo in Perth, 6 day break he is nearly 100% certainty to get re injured. I'm putting it out there if he plays we are definitely dumb as a match committee and fitness staff. No doubt hopper will say I want to play im good to go blah blah but who gives a *smile* don't play him

He definitely shouldn't be going to Perth. Would rather bring Dow back in a keep Hopper on ice.
Unbelievable we are resting him after 1 game..ffs if he gets injured, Have we walked under a ladder or walked behind a black cat.
*smile* he was super slow, in the 2nd qtr on the half back line in 3 steps his opponent got 5 metres on him

If we’re worried about Hops playing a full game and McAuliffe doesn’t yet have the tank for a full game, why not tactical sub one so they play a half each?