Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

mrposhman said:
Thought he was terrific today, his pressure around the ball is outstanding and as someone else pointed out, his tap ons etc are outstanding. As smart a footballer as Jack IMO.
:clap :clap :clap

UKTiger said:
Fairly anonymous at times but a couple of nice touches. Needs a rest?

I was calling for that 6 weeks ago. But has regrouped pretty well last 3 weeks. If he is considered best 22 has to play every week until end now.

Was named in the best by 'The Age'. Gets though a phenomenol amount of work and also has composure in front of goal. Amazing to think that he's only a second year player and we can potentially look forward to another ten years of him.

Is still doing the blue collar work but too fatigued for the white collar stuff.

First touch was poor.

Week off after round 23 will work wonders.

Baron Samedi said:
Is still doing the blue collar work but too fatigued for the white collar stuff.

First touch was poor.

Week off after round 23 will work wonders.
Hate to agree with you too much Baron but I agree. He fumbled a lot later in the game after a stellar first quarter. Looks half step off where he was earlier in the year.

His tackling and harassing is incredibly good though

Incredibly important part of our forward press. Earning every dollar and those taps, tackles and touches are magic.

Big first quarter think he had 9 possessions. Faded after that but overall good.

Harry said:
Big first quarter think he had 9 possessions. Faded after that but overall good.

He'll get a tank in time. But it's clear now that that's what he lacks. But we want to keep him explosive. Very good touch yesterday.

Harry said:

Same last week with the 3 goals. Stepped up past 2 weeks on his career to date. Gone from flashes to one solid quarter plus flashes. Going in the right direction

Is going to be an absolute ripper is Rioli. Has the potential, in my opinion, to be the best of the whole clan (and I know that's a big statement in itself, particularly having watched almost all of Maurice's games).