Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Got to be out of Eddie and Dan. Surely you can't run 20 metres without a bounce. Oh sorry, that was Buddy and the Swans. Statement withdrawn.

On that, I saw another reply of the Rohan mark on the goalline to win the game against the druggies. He fair dinkum had his arms wrapped around the druggie defender (who was in front) and pulled him out of the way to take the mark. How was there so little comment about that?

Nico said:
Got to be out of Eddie and Dan. Surely you can't run 20 metres without a bounce. Oh sorry, that was Buddy and the Swans. Statement withdrawn.

On that, I saw another reply of the Rohan mark on the goalline to win the game against the druggies. He fair dinkum had his arms wrapped around the druggie defender (who was in front) and pulled him out of the way to take the mark. How was there so little comment about that?

The Swans have a category just for themselves.

There has always been GOTY, MOTY and now there is UFOTY.

Unpaid free kick of the year.

Nico said:
Because it meant Essendon lost the unloseable and we all had a good laugh.

I was at this game with my wife. Even before he kicked it I turned to her and said I reckon he will kick goal of the year here.

There are multiple phases to the goal. First he was involved in a marking contest in the corridor inside 50. After that, he ran to be an option toward the boundary. Gathered the ball, shaked and shimied. Dished to Prestia, ran on at pace, received the one-two (the handball from Prestia was peach BTW), then the banana from the bounday 30m out. It is the entirety of the play that warrants it being GOTY.

Surely you can't run 20 metres without a bounce

He started on the half back flank.
Bounced once and fumbled once.
Finished up between HFF and Forward Pocket.
Distance covered?
About 100 metres.

But it will win.

Is Dan due to kick another freakish goal? Imagine if he kicked a similar pearler (to his goal against WCE), to the Punt Road End early in tonight's game to get the crowd up and about!

If we thought the roar and the eruption of the Punt Rd End was something special on that day, imagine it tonight. :clap :clap

maybe not 100% but suspect over his "mid season" niggle. Clearly the pace and spring has hampering him and think he has had a very good month. Pace is back for sure.

Finals are in all ROILI's DNA - Maurice - Cyril - Dean and now Daniels turn to light up September.

Even if he doesnt kick goals he'll have those Geelong big men in defence looking over their shoulder everytime they get the hot potato in their hands .....love to see an early run down tackle on one of those Cats defenders leading to a Rioli goal! Just to set the tone.....

I just saw Rance interview Rioli on Roaming Brian and he called him "sausage".
Is it as simple as Sausage Rioli (as in Sausage Roll), or something more sinister?
I know why most blokes in footy clubs get nicknamed "Sausage".

23.21.159 said:
Is it as simple as Sausage Rioli (as in Sausage Roll), or something more sinister?

Not sure sinister is the right word.

23.21.159 said:

Relax. Not everyone is like obrien.
Did Matty White get cut being called "whitey"??

23.21.159 said:
It is as simple as Sausage Rioli (as in Sausage Roll).