Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Form slump coincided with one tall forward game plan. Maybe more of a genuine small forward that needs 2-3 backs committed to bringing the ball to ground to do his best work.

Even his cousin Cyril doesn't get much of the ball & look how dangerous he is. But yes he is struggling atm & could do with a rest. Just needs to add a little more size & to keep his feet more often to stay in a contest

Bill James said:
Form slump coincided with one tall forward game plan. Maybe more of a genuine small forward that needs 2-3 backs committed to bringing the ball to ground to do his best work.

Exactly. Difficult for even the best small forwards to get opportunities with two talls bringing the ball to ground let alone just one. I don't envy the role for our small forwards. They've all been struggling of late with the game plan. Membrey kicked as many goals as our whole forward line.

Bill James said:

Yep well pointed out. Also if Jack is only genuine tall option 5 guys can't feed off the one forward

No doubt his forms been ordinary , however I still believe his working hard his just not finding the footy enough, personally don't think he needs a rest just needs to work through the slump. I still believe more time up the ground is his go, I wouldn't put him back to the VFL , however with so many small forward options maybe a game or 2 playing on a wing down there might help him rack up some numbers and regain confidence .

CC TIGER said:
No doubt his forms been ordinary , however I still believe his working hard his just not finding the footy enough, personally don't think he needs a rest just needs to work through the slump. I still believe more time up the ground is his go, I wouldn't put him back to the VFL , however with so many small forward options maybe a game or 2 playing on a wing down there might help him rack up some numbers and regain confidence .

CC he's already doing that, thats the problem, he's playing further up the ground but getting far weaker output.

His form slump coincided with adding the extra small, stats in a post above from mine, for when Lloyd was added to the team making Butler, Castagna, Stengle / Shai and Lloyd and then Dan, hence why both Dan and Lloyd have been playing much further away from goal.

Rioli's match stats worse than both Hunt and Stengle's last week (sure, not by much but Dan rated our worst performer aside from Grimsy, KOd)... but apparently they don't board at Dimma's.

Its becoming another farce had plenty of them over the year at tigerland. Very poor performer being gifted games. Groundhog day!

saigon tiger said:
Its becoming another farce had plenty of them over the year at tigerland. Very poor performer being gifted games. Groundhog day!
Giving him a chance to have another poor game so they can lower that new contract he is about to sign. Honestly though i expect him to return to some semblance of form on Sunday.

caesar said:
Giving him a chance to have another poor game so they can lower that new contract he is about to sign. Honestly though i expect him to return to some semblance of form on Sunday.

I reckon he'll kick 2-3 snags this week

Disco said:
Awesome news that Daniel has signed on to the end of 2019.

Yes nice to get this one done. Hopefully a few more get done over the next few weeks.