Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

saigon tiger said:
Another poor first round draft pick. Has he ever got more than a dozen possessions in a game?

Like the 22 out on ground tonight I can't be bothered posting my Rilio comments under the correct thread.

saigon tiger said:
2 kicks for a 1st rounder :rofl :rofl Shed mark2!

Well he had 8 possies. I have no problems with that as he is young but it's more his lack of composure that is worrying me. He always seems rushed. At this stage just not sure he will make it. Certainly isn't looking like becoming a midfielder as was touted.

Tired. His performance I can somewhat excuse. I can't excuse that nuffie coach selecting him when Bolton has had a two week break.

tigerlove said:
Well he had 8 possies. I have no problems with that as he is young but it's more his lack of composure that is worrying me. He always seems rushed. At this stage just not sure he will make it. Certainly isn't looking like becoming a midfielder as was touted.

Only some delusional Richmond fans on pre labelled him a future midfielder.

Just like every other kid that gets overhyped around here.

The small forward game plan is entirely unsustainable.
No players can keep up for 22 rounds what they are being asked to do in terms of defensive running.
It's a gimmick. Bulldogs style.

I am amazed by Riolis drop in form. Was confident he would be a genuine superstar early in the season, now I'm doubting he'll get to Tambling level. He used to hunt the ball, sidestep, evade and no one could escape his tackles. Now he's timid, fumbles, doesn't impact a contest and cant stick a tackle. Concerning if he's not injured.

Tigers of Old said:
The small forward game plan is entirely unsustainable.
No players can keep up for 22 rounds what they are being asked to do in terms of defensive running.
It's a gimmick. Bulldogs style.

That's why no one else plays it.
We had to as a result of p!ss poor list management. It can only take you so far. The wheels seen to be unravelling when Castagna is still getting games. Add in the loss of form from Rioli, We were always gonna get found out.
It's unsustainable

willo said:
That's why no one else plays it.
We had to as a result of p!ss poor list management. It can only take you so far. The wheels seen to be unravelling when Castagna is still getting games. Add in the loss of form from Rioli, We were always gonna get found out.
It's unsustainable

It's quite amazing it has gotten us this far to be honest.