Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

The ball wasn't kicked to his advantage and shouldn't have been kicked to him in the first place there was a better option.

How the *smile* have the coaches let his approach to goal, which was totally fluid when he started, degenerate into the stuttery mess it is now. Get ready for lots and lots of misses.

Baron Samedi said:

I reckon. What these young lads are being asked to do each week in terms of pressure & tackling re our gameplan, would be extremely fatiguing.
As I have said before it's very easy to forget that Butler, Castagna & Rioli are still only in their infancy as AFL players.
I'd promote Stengle. Need to rotate them.

Tigers of Old said:
I reckon. What these young lads are being asked to do each week in terms of pressure & tackling re our gameplan, would be extremely fatiguing.
As I have said before it's very easy to forget that Butler, Castagna & Rioli are still only in their infancy as AFL players.
Yep agree. Inevitable that our fleet of small fwds will be rotated for the reasons you state. And why not, when you've got that many all at a similar stage of their career. No doubt why Stengle was chosen to be promoted onto the senior list (in addition to the obvious reason that his ressies form has been pretty good).

Harry said:
His pressure and tackling has dropped off

Yep only 12 pressure acts yesterday. His pressure has certainly dropped off last 3 or 4 games. I'd be thinking of maybe giving him a bit of a rest.

ToraToraTora said:
How the have the coaches let his approach to goal, which was totally fluid when he started, degenerate into the stuttery mess it is now. Get ready for lots and lots of misses.
His kicking has always been like that.

Tigers of Old said:
Agree 100%. our gameplan is based around these guys going flat out all game & is very taxing on them especially at thier age & this time of year, in a year or 2-3 they'll be able to cope no problems. rotating them is perhaps the plan & why Morris had been playing up fwd as well as he could play (before injury this week) to give the young guys a rest.

Actually couldn't believe when he had that set shot for goal in the 3rd. It was a very tight angle but he couldn't have been more than 20 metres out. He went back another 25 metres and tried to kick a drop kick on the wrong side for a right footer. Anyone else would have done the stand sideways, snap shot for goal. Not sure if that's a sign of lack of confidence or not but he just seems to have lost a lot of his early season magical promise.

Maybe a run in the 2's to release the shackles & get some flair/confidence back & hit the scoreboard. Could have still kicked a couple so won't be fussed either way if left in.