Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Tigers2011 said:
Needs a rest rather than a run in the reserves. Butler not much better yesterday either.

At least Butler still pushing hard with a lot of pressure acts; 23 and 19 in last two weeks; Rioli's 18 and 12.

I'm the opposite of those feeling he needs a rest. I think at his age, physically he'd be fine.

What he needs to do is learn to work through the down periods. He's obviously copping more attention from his oponnents after his start to the year, and so needs to work through it.

With Port, Saints and Brisbane coming up, he might be afforded a few more opportunities.

Just keep working hard and presenting.

Hit a bit of a flat spot lately has Daniel, doesn't really matter though. With the four midgets running rampage around our forward line, there's always someone who'll appear to miss out. They're putting a massive amount of pressure n chaos on opposition back lines and as a result we get to keep the ball in our forward half n somebody gets the opportunity to have a ping at goal.
They managed 5 goals 3 behinds as a collective while the mids rotating forward kicked 1 goal 6 behinds, won't blame anyone for the four extra rushed behinds.
As long as the little blokes keep chasing n harassing they'll get their chances to bang some goals n it becomes a nightmare for opposition coaches to try n figure out who to try n shut down.

Needs a big game tonight.

We need one of the youngsters to put their hand up and take a game by the scruff of the neck.

If he doesn't deliver tonight I think he will be rested next week.

Loses his feet every contest.

The opposite of what you want a good small forward to do.

Barnzy said:

Yes he does, needs to work on keeping his feet.

Barnzy said:

Not sure what's happened here. Early in the season he was dominating one on one contests and burning players off. Now he's slipping over, bumped off too easily, missing tackles and constantly running into trouble. Been really disappointing.

Harry said:
Not sure what's happened here. Early in the season he was dominating one on one contests and burning players off. Now he's slipping over, bumped off too easily, missing tackles and constantly running into trouble. Been really disappointing.

He was probably never quite as good as was being made out.