Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Not wanting to fix what's not broken, however think will improve again as DR spends more midfield time and Stengle Chicken takes over DRs present role.

Was skeptical when we first drafted this kid, but he's one of my favourites now.

The team seems to go better in second halves and half the reason for that is Rioli seems to go better in second halves.

I'd love a stat on how many of the other two Amigo's goals have been assisted by Rioli. They'd love having him around.

His leadership aspect, is te icing on the cake. We've always struggled to get our Indigenous talent to click. With Rioli taking them under his wing, that scenario is hopefully improving (read Bolton / Stengle)

I'd like to get Stengle into the side. He is Eddie Betts junior.

We have an issue with the number of rookies we need to upgrade though. Chol, Soldo, Stengle.

How many we got on the LTIL? graham broad drummond griffens? Good to see our rookie list pushing for selection

Coburgtiger said:
I'd like to get Stengle into the side. He is Eddie Betts junior.

We have an issue with the number of rookies we need to upgrade though. Chol, Soldo, Stengle.

dont we have three spots?

graham, hammer and Drummond on LTIL, Griff sure to be added?

George takes one of em, 3 left isnt it?

CC TIGER said:
Not wanting to fix what's not broken, however think will improve again as DR spends more midfield time and Stengle Chicken takes over DRs present role.
Good point , is working toward that as his footy head is maturing , running to right spots and working hand in glove with his amigo teammates . More likely in 12montns time though I'd reckon

BillyJean17 said:
Good point , is working toward that as his footy head is maturing , running to right spots and working hand in glove with his amigo teammates . More likely in 12montns time though I'd reckon
Yep, given the points outlined. I doubt we'll see Stengle play 1sts this season (unless Rioli, Cadtagna or Butler go down long term injured). Just no room for him on the senior list. No rush though, is quite a small, skinny kid. A mouth watering addition next season though.

Didn't realise until tonight's article in the HS that the Rioli pick was to be used on Hipworth but Brisbane took him as an academy pick. Both are going to be stars.

Big Tiger said:
Didn't realise until tonight's article in the HS that the Rioli pick was to be used on Hipworth but Brisbane took him as an academy pick. Both are going to be stars.

Bid on Hipwood, then Matthew Kennedy then picked Daniel

Other way around - Kennedy first, then Hipwood.
Either way, imagine having Hipwwod and Rioli in our fwd line for the next 10 years. Would set you up for a serious shot for a number flags.

Pappy said:
Other way around - Kennedy first, then Hipwood.
Either way, imagine having Hipwwod and Rioli in our fwd line for the next 10 years. Would set you up for a serious shot for a number flags.
True except if we had got hipwood Rioli would be running around in a hawthorn jumper now

Not only do we have an excitement machine, we also make it more attractive for young indigenous talent going forward by having Rioli who from all accounts is a wonderful leader and has completely bought into RFC.

If he cant drag improvement from the likes of Bolton, Stengle, even the big Cholly through his leadership he almost becomes as valuable as an assistant coach, obviously his greatest value is his amazing talent, however the other attributes make him extremely valuable as his helping 2 x rookies and 1 very young chap drive improvement through themselves.

Tigertough1974 said:
If he cant drag improvement from the likes of Bolton, Stengle, even the big Cholly through his leadership he almost becomes as valuable as an assistant coach, obviously his greatest value is his amazing talent, however the other attributes make him extremely valuable as his helping 2 x rookies and 1 very young chap drive improvement through themselves.

You saying that its Rioli's game plan?

I love how smart he is, he consistently likes to use the tap on to continue forward momentum, got another goal from 1 on Monday (maybe Butlers?). I've noticed thats changed throughout the team also, as we got 3 from tap ons on Monday (Jacks first from McIntosh tap - or more like a punch, Martins from Griggs tap and the one Rioli created). Last season, we would have collected the ball, got tackled and then gone again at the stoppage, this year we are definitely looking at keeping the ball moving and not rely on the stoppages.

Big Tiger said:

Was never going to get Hipworth, bif was just to keep Brisbane honest.

Every match Rioli is going to be an important player for the Tigers.
If every player were to follow Rioli's lead when it comes to "pressure acts" then the Tigers will go a long way to securing the four points on Sunday.