Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

2 words MID FIELD, move him in there plenty of role playing small forwards on the list we really need some speed in the middle and somebody who chases hard both ways.

CC TIGER said:
2 words MID FIELD, move him in there plenty of role playing small forwards on the list we really need some speed in the middle and somebody who chases hard both ways.

I maybe crazy but think you just maybe right CC. Time to fast track his development.

CC TIGER said:

I like it CC though he looks to be playing a bit hurt atm.

CC TIGER said:
Good call CC.

Would be a good match up for one of the Hill sisters.

Yep, a guy with this talent gets wasted waiting around trying to snag the odd goal.

Dannyboy should be told a wing is all his for the next 20 games.

Georgey, $hai and Stengle to share his vacant forward line gig on a 2-3 week roster.

Aegean Tiger said:
Yep not sure of the cause (i.e. physical or attitudinal) but absolutely missed his run and manic pressure tonight.

Still managed 20 pressure acts, more than most players in the team.

100% CC

A lot would have been thinking that too but he is playing sore. Something not right. Against the Dogs you were waiting especially the last but it never eventuated.

Maybe the Digs put a lot of work into young Dan.

Did you see his knee had a bandage or strap on it?

If he is ok to go why not. Bring in Shai to play his role. We have speed , class a player who works hard both ways and an X factor forward???

waiting said:
100% CC

A lot would have been thinking that too but he is playing sore. Something not right. Against the Dogs you were waiting especially the last but it never eventuated.

Maybe the Digs put a lot of work into young Dan.

Did you see his knee had a bandage or strap on it?

If he is ok to go why not. Bring in Shai to play his role. We have speed , class a player who works hard both ways and an X factor forward???

He's 100% playing sore. I was next to the boundary when he limped off in the first quarter and got strapping under his knee. Was very proppy testing it on the boundary line before going back on. Unfortunately too much expected of a 2nd year player who relies on his speed/endurance. Really believe he needs a rest and hope they do before Dreamtime

As gutted as I am, I have reached deep into my optimistic recesses and have pulled out Rioli.
A pure one touch footballer with the strength and determination of a player 10kg heavier. His speed and evasion are amazing but it's the work in packs and his ability to win contested ball and get a handball out is special. This kid is a champion in the making and I'm the first to admit I wanted Gresham from St Kilda. One of the very few times our recruiters have been smarter than me.

Blind Turn said:
As gutted as I am, I have reached deep into my optimistic recesses and have pulled out Rioli.
A pure one touch footballer with the strength and determination of a player 10kg heavier. His speed and evasion are amazing but it's the work in packs and his ability to win contested ball and get a handball out is special. This kid is a champion in the making and I'm the first to admit I wanted Gresham from St Kilda. One of the very few times our recruiters have been smarter than me.

He was really exciting when he went into the middle. Maybe we got a look into the future there. I really hope we see him through the middle a bit more, the skill and evasiveness when he set Grigg up for the set shot in the last was outstanding.

In the last quarter, dannyboy's work rate was off the chart. He seemed to have a hundred tackles and major harassing-type events. and at THAT final clearance, he was running to the exact right spot (where he should have told to be standing), he just didnt have time to get there.

He's going to provide a decade of hope and joy.

and this week, of all weeks, we should celebrate the facts that we reached, and didnt take Josh Dunkley.

easy said:
In the last quarter, dannyboy's work rate was off the chart. He seemed to have a hundred tackles and major harassing-type events. and at THAT final clearance, he was running to the exact right spot (where he should have told to be standing), he just didnt have time to get there.

He's going to provide a decade of hope and joy.

and this week, of all weeks, we should celebrate the facts that we reached, and didnt take Josh Dunkley.

Didnt have time.. ? That's not true.
And there was anothet back flanker that could have pushed around. There was time.
Don't need to make excuses for him, he's a big boy. Nobody blames him anyway