Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Dont know what his contract details are but offer big extension now I would say - lock him away...

Baloo said:
That hand pass over his head when he was in trouble to a running Castagna(?) who went on to score was sublime.

Maybe three or four in the AFL capable of that.

Had to watch three or four times to believe.

Missing out on Treloar is so much more palitable when you realise that getting him would have meant no Rioli.

Treloar is a great player but Rioli is going to be something (dare I say it) SPECIAL

I was at the game and managed to get the ball he signed and kicked up in the top stand after the game. Gave it to a mum who had two young daughters. So badly wanted to keep it...

Broders said:
Missing out on Treloar is so much more palitable when you realise that getting him would have meant no Rioli.

Treloar is a great player but Rioli is going to be something (dare I say it) SPECIAL

getting prestia and rioli instead of treloar is a win.

Prestia is steak knives

I think will start to see him increase his midfield time as the season goes on, wouldn't be shocked to see Stengle come in and Rioli become more mid then forward by seasons end

CC TIGER said:
I think will start to see him increase his midfield time as the season goes on, wouldn't be shocked to see Stengle come in and Rioli become more mid then forward by seasons end

Hope so. Reckon he will ge a great midfielder - hunts the ball.

Cotchin_4_brownlow said:
I was at the game and managed to get the ball he signed and kicked up in the top stand after the game. Gave it to a mum who had two young daughters. So badly wanted to keep it...

well done cotchy4!

He is exactly the type of player I used to wonder why , always played for the other clubs and never us

You can thank Francis' 'safe' picks in Vlastuin, Lennon, Ellis, etc. for the lack of any flair in the last couple of years.

Taking Daniel and Shai shows a shift in policy.

I remember thinking about Martin in his first year and thinking what he'd be like when he's 24-25 and he's now a beast. Can't wait to see the development of Dan over the next few years - the curve just goes up and up.

kiwitiger said:
He is exactly the type of player I used to wonder why , always played for the other clubs and never us

Too true.

Unfortunately JON, Relton Roberts & Troy Taylor really scared the *smile* out of recruiters for a while when it came to indigenous talent.

Re: Welcome to the Tigers

puregreen said:
You can thank Francis' 'safe' picks in Vlastuin, Lennon, Ellis, etc. for the lack of any flair in the last couple of years.

Taking Daniel and Shai shows a shift in policy.

I remember thinking about Martin in his first year and thinking what he'd be like when he's 24-25 and he's now a beast. Can't wait to see the development of Dan over the next few years - the curve just goes up and up.

Reckon young teams with pace and skill are going to run over those filled with journeymen over the next couple of years. Even Ross Lyon got spooked into playing kids. Maybe we're actually ahead of the curve for once.

Already this year the younger teams are 19-17. They haven't been in the ascendancy after four rounds since 2005 (16-15-1), when the game took a dark turn behind Paul Roos.

Cotchin_4_brownlow said:

Nice work.

His first possession on Sunday when he cut to the boundary instead of inside towards the goals like everyone expected... Zigs when he should zag and vice versa, talent that can't be taught. It's exciting.

Thanks mate, interesting. Time to sit tight on the age/betting trend.

Cheers for numbers last week BTW, didn't see as was away.

jb03 said:
Hope so. Reckon he will ge a great midfielder - hunts the ball.

Cellis needs to look at Rioli. They are obviously different players but Cellis has too see how Rioli can hurt the opposition with little possessions. Ellis needs to do the same. attack the ball and use his skills to hurt seeing he will never be an accumulator of possies either.. he will never have the x factor Rioli does but that doesn't mean he can't hunt the ball.