Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Watching 360 tonight was the first time I'd seen a close up angle of Dan kicking his brilliant goal.
What I loved was immediately that he hit the checkside kick he clapped his hands together with glee as if he knew he'd hit it just right.
The confidence oozed out of him when it sailed through and the crowd erupted with him.
Jack couldn't have been more complimentary of the lad in his segment.
I must have watched that goal 50 times in the past week & I'm still not sick of it. :D

Seemed very shy at first,

starting to get the feeling now, he is starting to enjoy the limelight and the centrestage ,

Which is a good sign for a player of his type

Tigerflag2008 said:
There is something poetic about the goal, it is mesmerising

For me it was the second he kept the ball in play while he stepped over the line I just knew it was going to be a goal. The only question at the time was just how he was going to make that happen.

I have been watching a few replays and I have changed my mind about Rioli. I thought he was going to be a star small forward and I think I was wrong.

I reckon in a couple of years he will be a star midfielder

larabee said:
FMD! Just saw that Murphy got goal of the round. 55% of the votes! How did that happen??? :headscratch

How are the votes cast? Online? If so, it must be those unemployed Cartoon supporters *smile* their mobile phones every minute of the day.....

Completely flawed selection process.

What if you have 2 brilliant goals 1 week and 3 so-so goals the following week? This process means that 1 of the brilliant goals will have to be excluded and one of the so-so goals included.

Just have half a dozen goals eligible at the end of the year and have a panel choose the best one.

23.21.159 said:
That beggars belief. Where were the Richmond voters?
Does this mean it can't win Goal of the Year?

He can still win it. The weekly winners plus five others voted on by the staff of AFL Pravda are whittled down to three by the Pravda committee. Then the public votes on the winner.

larabee said:
FMD! Just saw that Murphy got goal of the round. 55% of the votes! How did that happen??? :headscratch

That's bloody disappointing. The kid needs to develop a trademark move after a good goal like a forward somersault, something in the Usain Bolt range - give the voting public a little extra drama over and above the sheer quality of the football. Like some wanker collapsing after he has kicked a pretty good goal.

Of course I'm not biased.

All I can say about Murphy's goal is that I'm sooooooooo glad he was wearing the cycle shorts underneath n wasn't commando.

That hand pass over his head when he was in trouble to a running Castagna(?) who went on to score was sublime.