Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

thejinx said:
Wish I was there yesterday to witness that goal and be a part of the Richmond faithful. Watching from QLD just isn't the same.

I just stood up in my lounge room, fists in the air. What a goal.
Those of us fortunate enough to go to the game did exactly the same jinx, up on our feet fist in the air. Guess it'll be my turn to watch from the couch next week while the boys are in Brisvegas, hope I get the chance to do plenty of fist pumping n dancing around the lounge.

I was in the Ponsford stand and some Eagles clown next to me started raving about how it was a lucky goal ::)

Reading the last few pages of this thread this morning would have to be some of the happiest moments I've had on PRE.

My spine tingled at Easy Tiger's prediction for Rioli's game....... I teared up at Caspar's description of his emotions.......I beamed at MrPoshmans description of THAT goal as a work of art. Thanks folks. We all need this. You're magnificent.

I was at the game with my son yesterday too. I told him to watch closely when Rioli was near the footy. Well, he didn't disappoint, did he? 9 posessions......are you kidding me??? It was almost a highlight reel.

I love days like this. Go Tiges

That goal nearly brought a tear to my eye, it was that bloody goal. That goal was Guardiola, Bowie and Ford Coppola all rolled into one. Transcendent.

thejinx said:
Wish I was there yesterday to witness that goal and be a part of the Richmond faithful. Watching from QLD just isn't the same.

Me too buddy.

Personally not a fan of the prince moniker - is the antithesis of the typical prince. He works for a living does Daniel.

I suppose Maurice was football royalty but Daniel has a harder working style than any prince I'm aware of.

Although it appears he's gonna turn up for the big occasions!

achillesjones said:
I was in the Ponsford stand and some Eagles clown next to me started raving about how it was a lucky goal ::)

Hahahahaha. He makes two aerial contests in the leadup and still runs rings around the Eagles. His brain was two steps ahead of them all.

tigertim said:
We had a chance for Willie but he ended up at WCE.

recent pic i saw of willie, he looked like he'd swallowed relton roberts.

thejinx said:

we did too. fists raised, jumping on the coach hugging snake and easy,jr.

Just keep watching the goal over and over. Still don't think the camera angles I've seen do it justice. I'd love to see one from the Great Southern from right behind him, the bend he put on the ball was awesome. When I saw it live i thought he was kicking for the top of the square and then...............................................

I was watching from the southern stand wing, can't remember a better more exciting goal watching Richmond for over 40 years. Maybe KB's in 1980 GF running around Magro.

The Rioli's love the big stage. It wasn't Maurice's fault we lost in '82, that's for sure. One of the first Norm Smith medallists.

Rioli has amazing burst and power with his movements. His reaction time is incredible and he has the speed and power to follow it up. You'd hate to be a defender with rioli around.

Goal got us up on our feet that is for sure. Hugged the boys, kissed the kids, roared with the crowd

Good Times

Dan is allready a game breaker

Shades of the great Eddie Betts with that banana. Can't wait until he starts racking up 20+ possessions.