Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

spook said:
The Prince. Silky steel. Never gives up. Goal of the year. Love him.

And a powerful brute. I just get excited when it's in his area.

Midsy said:
Better than Cyril.
Take nothing away from Cyril, no doubt a superb footballer and any club would love to have him on their books (this coming from someone whom absolutely despises Hawthorn). Having said this, there were high hopes at Hawthorn that Cyril would be the type that rotates between playing in the guts and playing forward (a bit like Uncle Maurice). But having suspect hammies has kept him from fulfilling that potential. If Daniel's body proves robust, he may well fulfill this extra bit of potential, which makes him that bit more valuable.

BT Tiger said:
That banana goal was incredible, one of the best pieces of play I've seen from a Richmond player.

I thought that, too. One of the best goals I've ever seen from a Richmond player.
It reminded me of KB's shot from the same spot in the last quarter of the 1980 GF around Stan Magro ... except KB just slotted a drop punt.

As for the Butler shepherd, an extremely clever piece of football. He was actually BEHIND the player he was trying to block and did just enough to put him off without giving away in the back.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Bringing a lot of joy to the stands. And he's only just getting started.

This!!

Lotta love for the young fella! Mouth watering contemplating his future! ;D

I actually cried. The stadium went bezerk. I just wept a couple of tears of joy. My son looked at me as if to say, "what's wrong?"

I just wiped my eyes and continued to watch the game.

caspar said:
I actually cried. The stadium went bezerk. I just wept a couple of tears of joy. My son looked at me as if to say, "what's wrong?"

I love this . Being a tiger is better than anything

caspar said:

Good on ya Caspar! Lol

Pretty special day at the G hey.

Its amazing hearing the noise of the crowd rise whenever he is near the ball. A crowd favourite already. Love him, he does so many things right, a bit more muscle and in a few years he could be unstoppable.

That goal was a work of art.

caspar said:

Good on you bud.
There's plenty of lows barracking for the Tiges, but goals like that, from a team that are having a red hot go make it all worth while.

CARN THE TIGES!!!!

caspar said:

fantastic mate, wish I could've been there too!

How good is it to watch your team taking the game on and having a red hot crack!

I was so enjoying watching today thinking how much better it was than the backwards/sideways stop/start crap from last year.

I think I would have gone home happy even if we'd lost.
But the win made it all so much sweeter.

And the noise for Rioli's goal - spine tingling!

TigerTribe5 said:
How good is it to watch your team taking the game on and having a red hot crack!

I was so enjoying watching today thinking how much better it was than the backwards/sideways stop/start crap from last year.

I think I would have gone home happy even if we'd lost.
But the win made it all so much sweeter.

And the noise for Rioli's goal - spine tingling!

I always wish Maurice was still with us.

TigerForce said:
I always wish Maurice was still with us.
How old's his youngest son, Maurice jnr? Have to be about 15-16 now. Anyone in NT have any idea what sort of a prospect (if any) he is to play elite football? The thought of having the two of them running around in the yellow & black........

I'm not joking, that goal today from Dan was one of the most scintillating I have ever seen from a player in a Richmond jumper.

When it curled through, pure joy ensured from every pore. THAT is why we love this game.

Panthera Tigris said:
How old's his youngest son, Maurice jnr? Have to be about 15-16 now. Anyone in NT have any idea what sort of a prospect (if any) he is to play elite football? The thought of having the two of them running around in the yellow & black........

About 15.

Tigers of Old said:
I'm not joking, that goal today from Dan was one of the most scintillating I have ever seen from a player in a Richmond jumper.

When it curled through, pure joy ensured from every pore. THAT is why we love this game.
Yep, the army rose as one.
I was on the wing on that side of the ground so in a great spot to see it. The replay really doesn't do it justice. So wrapt I witnessed that live.