Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Tigers of Old said:
I'm not joking, that goal today from Dan was one of the most scintillating I have ever seen from a player in a Richmond jumper.

When it curled through, pure joy ensured from every pore. THAT is why we love this game.
It sure was. Been following this club all my life and have had rare moments like that one.

The crowd rose as one.

Tigers of Old said:
I'm not joking, that goal today from Dan was one of the most scintillating I have ever seen from a player in a Richmond jumper.

When it curled through, pure joy ensured from every pore. THAT is why we love this game.

I said exactly the same thing Tooheys. I can't remember anything like that from a Richmond player. Including Michael Mitchell's goal.

What was nearly as good as the goal was his shepherd for Butler to kick the goal. Looked like Usain Bolt chasing down McGovern.

The way he embraces the fans, last player off the ground. Rioli quickly becoming my favourite player.

tha8ball said:
Can't remember the last time we had a player like this.... just makes things happen whenever he is near it. True X factor. Looks like the recruiters finally got one right. Love him
From memory, wasn't it Callum Ah Chee the club really wanted (probably along with 10 or so other clubs), under a 'best available policy'? But given, as expected, Ah Chee went earlier in the draft, the club went for Rioli as 'next best' similar type of player.

Ah Chee's early performances have been solid and he will turn out a very good player. But early signs seem to be showing Rioli is just that that bit special and really was the pick of small fwds from that draft. Sometimes the cards just fall your way. And god knows we were long overdue one of those instances from the draft gods.... ;)

BrisTiger24 said:
I said exactly the same thing Tooheys. I can't remember anything like that from a Richmond player. Including Michael Mitchell's goal.

What was nearly as good as the goal was his shepherd for Butler to kick the goal. Looked like Usain Bolt chasing down McGovern.

The way he embraces the fans, last player off the ground. Rioli quickly becoming my favourite player.

Nice work Brissie. Still yet to re-sign BTW. Better get the ink down quick!

Smoking Aces said:
It sure was. Been following this club all my life and have had rare moments like that one.

The crowd rose as one.

Love it Smokey.

Disco said:
Yep, the army rose as one.
I was on the wing on that side of the ground so in a great spot to see it. The replay really doesn't do it justice. So wrapt I witnessed that live.

Yep from the Southern Stand it was awesome to witness.

spook said:
You have some great hunches, easy. :clap

ive had this hunch that spook runs into easy right in frtont of patty smith and they go apeshit and patty invites 'em bvackstage, and they have to top up the rider cause tigers beat brisbane by an unprecendented margin and peter noble looses his *smile* and cant find enough bourbon for the situation.

easy said:
ive had this hunch that spook runs into easy right in frtont of patty smith and they go apesh!t and patty invites 'em bvackstage, and they have to top up the rider cause tigers beat brisbane by an unprecendented margin and peter noble looses his sh!t and cant find enough bourbon for the situation.
Love it. And why? Because the night.

Was in the 3121 right behind Rioli and the stand was threatened to be blown apart by the noise,amazing stuff.
Great day at the footy,one of those games you talk about for a long time.

Brooklyn Tiger said:
Was thinking exact same thing. He seemed involved in everything. Couldn't believe he had only 9 touches

That does seem odd , I certainly noticed him a lot

I am going to call it now ... I reckon Dan Rioli is going to be a better player than cousin Cyril.
Some of those efforts yesterday against the Eagles were sublime and brilliant.

Bullarto Tiger said:
I am going to call it now ... I reckon Dan Rioli is going to be a better player than cousin Cyril.
Some of those efforts yesterday against the Eagles were sublime and brilliant.

At this stage I am just hoping for as good as Cyril - means we have an elite player on our books but hey I don't want to put a ceiling on his development

year of the tiger said:
At this stage I am just hoping for as good as Cyril - means we have an elite player on our books but hey I don't want to put a ceiling on his development

Fair enough, YOTT. Daniel will be elite. But with Hawthorn potentially on the slide (?) it will be interesting to see how Cyril plays in a team that isn't any longer performing to the highest standards. Cyril is a gun, no doubt about it, but I do see in Daniel a player that is growing rapidly into a serious threat to opposing teams. Just hoping that Daniel gets to have a few premiership medallions swinging around his neck come his career's end.

Bullarto Tiger said:
Fair enough, YOTT. Daniel will be elite. But with Hawthorn potentially on the slide (?) it will be interesting to see how Cyril plays in a team that isn't any longer performing to the highest standards. Cyril is a gun, no doubt about it, but I do see in Daniel a player that is growing rapidly into a serious threat to opposing teams. Just hoping that Daniel gets to have a few premiership medallions swinging around his neck come his career's end.

It's going to be a great ride - already is I guess.

Interesting that they both have started their careers strongly and needed little time to impact games

Wish I was there yesterday to witness that goal and be a part of the Richmond faithful. Watching from QLD just isn't the same.

I just stood up in my lounge room, fists in the air. What a goal.

thejinx said:
Wish I was there yesterday to witness that goal and be a part of the Richmond faithful. Watching from QLD just isn't the same.

I just stood up in my lounge room, fists in the air. What a goal.
Perhaps he can pull another one out of the hat for you next week ;D