Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

I think people dont get the salary cap you have to pay 90% of it minimum so paying bolton and rioli is a given fact we will be doing! One it allows us to pay the 90% required and two it gets us better draft capital by selling the cap space to them. Three then when we so stop paying them we can attack free agency with even more cap space than the actually 90% because those 2 are already playing for other clubs so in the 2 or 3 years when we stop paying them we are paying only 80% of the cap
Looks like we aren't paying Daniels or Boltons wage = winning

Reactions: 2 users
see this is the incompetence I was talking about, we should have given these late picks in the swap with Brisbane, then we could have given 32 to Gold Coast, or something? :unsure:
What did those of that looked at the big picture after the Brisbane trade instead of sharpening the pitchforks say? That we were probably using them with GC, which got us Pick 23, but they wanted 32.

I reckon Blairs dealt with these perfectly. The Bolton trade probably a bit unders, but overall we've got a very good return from losing those players. I reckon he gets an A+ for this trade period, even allowing for a bit of unders on Shai.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I thought some posters said we’d get P6 and p13 for Rioli.
Bloody Blair starts off handing over our prized picks quicker than Albo changes his mind.
Then he slows down slower than a Joe Biden speech and we miss p13.

Lordy, I spose we’ve just got to take what we can now.

😁

Personally I never saw a way we'd get 6 and 13, that was always ridiculous expectations from some

Reactions: 4 users
Personally I never saw a way we'd get 6 and 13, that was always ridiculous expectations from some
Yeah it was always just an opening bid.

Yes, pending final lodging of the deals, this looks like an AA++ from Blair. One of the all-time great, probably greatest, single season list management efforts I'd say. If there was a Brownlow for administrators (and he wasn't a Richmond employee), he'd be unbackable favourite.

Brilliant planning, brilliant execution, strategic analysis and negotiation. I can't remember a better performance, from us or any side. Absolutely stellar performance in a very tough, cut throat arena. I love Blair.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
see this is the incompetence I was talking about, we should have given these late picks in the swap with Brisbane, then we could have given 32 to Gold Coast, or something? :unsure:
Obviously Brisbane didn’t want it after all.
Then we could have given it to Freo and saved p14

What did those of that looked at the big picture after the Brisbane trade instead of sharpening the pitchforks say? That we were probably using them with GC, which got us Pick 23, but they wanted 32.

I reckon Blairs dealt with these perfectly. The Bolton trade probably a bit unders, but overall we've got a very good return from losing those players. I reckon he gets an A+ for this trade period, even allowing for a bit of unders on Shai.
That's about right where Rioli and Bolton are concerned. V good with Rioli....a bit unders with Bolton (that deal is being overrated on PRE). Add back in a good outcome with Baker and it gets it back to about a B+ A overall rating for mine for the entire trade period. (Would be less for those that think the AFL shafted us on the Graham deal and want to include that in the overall period. Whatevs.)

Reactions: 1 user