Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Remember when Craig Cameron gave up pick #2 for Lachie Weller? That was his finest moment. He is under the pump.

How would it be if this trade period ended with only Noble joining the club, for pick #13? Cameron is right under the pump.
Cameron will cough up 6 and 13 because he’s a weak man.

Reactions: 1 users
I reckon we will. The pick's high enough. We'll keep budging until the last minutes but this is all we'll get.....Dimma's being an a-hole if he has some influence.
I find it hard to believe we would only get 6 for Rioli. This is effectively saying if you put Rioli in this years draft relative to all other draft candidates he is only worth picking 6 in line. Rioli has more than proven his worth over a sustained period of time, and is in his prime and still has many peaking years to give. Any pick in the draft is a lottery, so Gold Coast by only giving 6 are saying 'here have 1 ticket in the lottery - we will take the proven multi-premiership and finals performing player off you - good luck'. It is an imbalanced deal.

Reactions: 3 users
If the AFL deems Josh Battle to be worth Pick 8, then Rioli is worth every bit of pick 6 and then some. I'm truly shocked at the undervaluing of Rioli within the muppet media.

Reactions: 3 users
we will be lucky to get 6 and 23 yet alone 6 and 13.

If the AFL deems Josh Battle to be worth Pick 8, then Rioli is worth every bit of pick 6 and then some. I'm truly shocked at the undervaluing of Rioli within the muppet media.
What the hell does the Afl and Josh Battle have to do with how GCS rate Dan Rioli.

Simply put stkilda got pick 8 because the contract ticked the actual boxes as set out by the afl. We got pick 42 for Graham because that was the boxes his contract ticked.

Being contracted Rioli is worth imo pick 6 but definately not pick 6 and 13. So the sticking point is not pick 6 but what is paid after it.
Dan is one of my favorite tigers by the way. Also just ignore the footy media they will do your head in if they haven't already.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

What the hell does the Afl and Josh Battle have to do with how GCS rate Dan Rioli.

Simply put stkilda got pick 8 because the contract ticked the actual boxes as set out by the afl. We got pick 42 for Graham because that was the boxes his contract ticked.

Being contracted Rioli is worth imo pick 6 but definately not pick 6 and 13. So the sticking point is not pick 6 but what is paid after it.
Dan is one of my favorite tigers by the way. Also just ignore the footy media they will do your head in if they haven't already.
I wish people would stop bringing up FA deals as we don’t know the exact nature of them and it’s as you say compensation is granted on the boxes ticked due to the contract.
Also again FA compensation has nothing to do with Trades.
I still think the issue of not getting two F1 for Rioli are his high contract he’s on atm and age. I’m happy with 6 and 23 and I’d even take 6 alone because he nominated to leave us and it was really from early in the year. Being contracted on big coin on a long deal and doing this doesn’t tell me he’s the type of person you want hanging around with young players coming into the team.
Very disappointed in him as I thought he’d be a great leader and role model to the next generation.

yeah fa & trade currency is completely separate, as such we should be referring to our most recent trading history and that starts with Taranto & Hopper...

Reactions: 1 user
If we bid on Lombard at 6 - yeah that would be ironic!
how do Gold Coast match the bid if they have traded out 6, 13 & 23?
They will do a deal with us so that doesn’t happen, but other teams may do it still. I’ve always wondered about that scenario , but most teams seem to get away with it.

yeah fa & trade currency is completely separate, as such we should be referring to our most recent trading history and that starts with Taranto & Hopper...
They were a complete FU based on the fact that the club believed our premiership window was still open and we needed to boost our midfield. Unfortunately they selected the wrong type of midfielders and our stars either got injured or fell off a cliff.
It’s something that’s been done to death now and we’re stuck with them now. I could cop TT, but JH is a massive worry .

We got pick 42 for Graham because that was the boxes his contract ticked

I heard, that, with no other player that ever got a 4 year contract, that the compo has been Band 4, but at least been Band 3.
You seem very confident that the compo was correct. Can you share the details of the decision, or do you just trust the afl comp-licitly?