Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

I listened to this. Kaneo is a *smile*. Undervaluing significantly the role of atacking HBF’s. He seriously has an anti-Richmond hatred.
Unfortunately i listened to a few minutes and Karen saying that rioli is only worth mid 20s and oh but houston is worth maybe a first and 2nd because he is a supreme footballer.................................the hate is real

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
They're conditioning us now for a haul of less than what we're wanting. Herald Sun running a story saying how amazing our haul could be if we get unders for all these players.

• Angry
If list managers are in any way swayed by media mouth pieces looking to generate clicks and content then they should not consider themselves remotely professional.

Each club will have very finely honed valuation on each prospective player on the table, most likely every player in the competition. Every club will have their own weighted matrix. They will differ but all will be incredibly detailed, inviolate. Months and months of planning has gone into this trade period.

Less than zero chance an operator like Craig Cameron would be swayed for one nano-second by Kane Cornes.

Reactions: 4 users
Leysy's advice:

If you're getting frustrated by the media this week. Step away. Ignore it. Don't fuel it and don't let it fuel you.

Nothing is going to get done this week anyhow, so you're not missing anything.
yes. don't let them live rent free in your head

on switch to off
mute
good tunes on noiseless headphones
get some fresh air

Reactions: 1 user
With DRioli moving on I think it’s a great opportunity for Trezise, Brown, Smith and most likely a couple of new draftees to a lesser extent to play the easiest role in footy , as crucial a role as it is it is also the easiest spot to come into the AFL system .

The thing about DRioli and Houli is they made a reputation for the run and carry with very good disposal , however I believe they were/ are both outstanding in one on one contests .

Hope we give Brown a real chance to build of this season at half back as I believe he’s arguably our best field kick , Smith and Trezise I think will become better defensive players then Brown , Smiths has some tools to become a lock of half back for us imho . Interesting pre season coming up re opportunity’s in new positions for the cubs

Reactions: 3 users
The thing about DRioli and Houli is they made a reputation for the run and carry with very good disposal , however I believe they were/ are both outstanding in one on one contests .
Not sure Houli was outstanding, but in the end he was good enough.
DRioli has shown has can be outstanding. A couple of years he ago he spent time on the likes of Cameron etc and was very effective, while still providing some run himself. I think this year in particular he was too aggressive so got caught out too often, but I think he knew if he didnt get the ball and run no one else would. In a better team I reckon he goes back to being a very good 2 way half back.

The most important figure in all of this is Daniel's former coach. He knows the player’s value which is why he’s targeted him aggressively. Not sure Dimma’s about to start taking advice from his favourite fireman from South Australia. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
The fact that Cornes is downplaying the role of the attacking hbf shows how out of touch he is with the modern game. They are very important these days. His own team really struggled without Houston and Farrel in the finals .

The ridiculous statement about being worth a pick in the 20s completely ignores that fact that he is a Richmond contracted player. If that’s his value, he stays as a Richmond player. It’s pretty simple.

Anyway I don’t listen to it all I know is what is posted here …so please stop posting :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 6 users
Can't believe how people still listen to Cornes. Each time someone does it builds his ego to keep being a numpty.
Back on Dan and my opinion only he's a HBF at 27yo so if we can jag at least pick 6 it frees up cap space and builds our list faster. i would like the pick in the 20's also, but not disturbed by it as i want to get as many kids as posible around the same age to grow together and build a premiership team. I couldn't care less about Dan anymore as he's contracted and opted for a trade to be with his Stepfather Dimma, so i don't want people like this at the club.
HBF aren't the essential ingredients in winning a premiership so let's build our midfield and tall forwards as they're priceless.

Can't believe how people still listen to Cornes. Each time someone does it builds his ego to keep being a numpty.
Back on Dan and my opinion only he's a HBF at 27yo so if we can jag at least pick 6 it frees up cap space and builds our list faster. i would like the pick in the 20's also, but not disturbed by it as i want to get as many kids as posible around the same age to grow together and build a premiership team. I couldn't care less about Dan anymore as he's contracted and opted for a trade to be with his Stepfather Dimma, so i don't want people like this at the club.
HBF aren't the essential ingredients in winning a premiership so let's build our midfield and tall forwards as they're priceless.
It's not that we listen to Cornes, it's that we listen to SEN for the latest sports news or interviews etc. but unfortunately this bad noise interrupts.

• Haha
Not sure Houli was outstanding, but in the end he was good enough.
DRioli has shown has can be outstanding. A couple of years he ago he spent time on the likes of Cameron etc and was very effective, while still providing some run himself. I think this year in particular he was too aggressive so got caught out too often, but I think he knew if he didnt get the ball and run no one else would. In a better team I reckon he goes back to being a very good 2 way half back.
During our premiership years Houli was pretty close to being outstanding Brodders. He was at least very good, as good as any running half back in the game over that 4 year period.

It's not that we listen to Cornes, it's that we listen to SEN for the latest sports news or interviews etc. but unfortunately this bad noise interrupts.
You can't avoid him. He's everywhere. Radio, tv, print. And even if you do, somebody else somewhere in the media references him.

He's like he's his own plague. Corn Flu.

So GC want bidding pics for next years draft , how about we ask for 6, 13, 23 and hand over DRioli and our future 3rd 40ish , I still think we win that easily , obviously 13 holds great value for the Suns re other offers , however Surley their priority is DRiloi so they’d want to up the ante or he stays at Punt rd .

I’d have Houli at his best in front of DRiloi

You can't avoid him. He's everywhere. Radio, tv, print. And even if you do, somebody else somewhere in the media references him.

He's like he's his own plague. Corn Flu.

If anyone is foolish enough to call in when he's on the air, always remember that the label he hates being called the most, by a mile, is "Shock Jock".

If list managers are in any way swayed by media mouth pieces looking to generate clicks and content then they should not consider themselves remotely professional.

Each club will have very finely honed valuation on each prospective player on the table, most likely every player in the competition. Every club will have their own weighted matrix. They will differ but all will be incredibly detailed, inviolate. Months and months of planning has gone into this trade period.

Less than zero chance an operator like Craig Cameron would be swayed for one nano-second by Kane Cornes.

No-one at clubland would take Cornes or Barrett remotely seriously and I think Barrett is outright hated in general in the industry.

Reactions: 3 users
So GC want bidding pics for next years draft , how about we ask for 6, 13, 23 and hand over DRioli and our future 3rd 40ish , I still think we win that easily , obviously 13 holds great value for the Suns re other offers , however Surley their priority is DRiloi so they’d want to up the ante or he stays at Punt rd .

I’d have Houli at his best in front of DRiloi
The Age is saying GC are only offering 6 alone with nothing else. Getting 6 & 13 is going to be the best case