Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Based on this years performance we should be paying about 65% of the cap. (Our percentage ). And that’s before we lose our best players.

Lots of blokes got overpaid this year.

Reactions: 3 users
Perfect time to do it as well. Martin Bolton and Rioli took up a lot of our cap, so we have plenty of room to do this . Plus we need all the extra picks in a deep draft.
I would even trade Tom Lynch to Melbourne and pay 60% of his 2025 salary to move from #10 to #5 and give a pick in the 40's back
It will cost melbourne $600k for 2025 and they could extend him for another 2 years at $600k whilst having the full list available for 1 last shot at a flag.

We save $600k next year and could use that space to purchase another pick in 2025 by taking a salary dump from GC
effectively a pick upgrde this year and a late 1st rounder next year

We need to do things differently in this rebuild and use all tools available

Reactions: 1 user
I would even trade Tom Lynch to Melbourne and pay 60% of his 2025 salary to move from #10 to #5 and give a pick in the 40's back
It will cost melbourne $600k for 2025 and they could extend him for another 2 years at $600k whilst having the full list available for 1 last shot at a flag.

We save $600k next year and could use that space to purchase another pick in 2025 by taking a salary dump from GC
effectively a pick upgrde this year and a late 1st rounder next year

We need to do things differently in this rebuild and use all tools available
Apprantly the club said No to Collingwood
It would be interesting to see if they would entertain Melbourne.
I reckon if the club thinks he isn't going to 100% right to go for preseason and we get something like what you have posted.
We would stupid not to do it.
Pay 50% of his salary get him to Melbourne on a 2yr deal.
And get there 1st. Unbelievable list management

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
I reckon if the club thinks he isn't going to 100% right to go for preseason and we get something like what you have posted.
unbelievable is correct, why get rid of our main forward target as well as mentor for the young ones SMH

Reactions: 4 users
Not surprised with the No to collingwood

They probably wanted us to pay 80% and give them a draft pick

Reactions: 1 user
And if we create any more space in our salary cap we’re gonna have to put Hugo on $1,000,000 contract to make up the shortfall so we’re still at 95%.
We could always buy draft picks as of next year

Sydney , fremantle , Carlton ,GWS and Gold Coast are bulging

Reactions: 1 users
Do we know what a first round pick may cost salary wise
Around $100k or so a year plus match payments so roughly $200k if they play all games. First year kiddies are cheap, It's paying overs for a bloke who's had all of one break out year or back ending contracts that gets expensive n difficult.

Do we know what a first round pick may cost salary wise
That would depend on the 1st rounder i would say but at a guess a top 5-10 would have to be $1 mil
anything below top 5 wouldnt get traded and 10-20 would be $500k range you would think

* Oops i thought you meant when salary cap trading for picks come in
My Bad

Geez. Those bonearse incentives for players are a bit pathetic. The young kids can get barely a lick of cream for having a humungous first season but then get SFA in their second or third season. Not much chance of anyone but a super star first year player getting a taste of any of those incentives bar the rising star.