Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Agree 💯 Unless the deal suits us, he stays. Same with Bolton. Both these players signed long term deals. There’s no fire sale going on here. Baker & Graham (more than likely) going will give us two extra picks in a deep draft in any case.
The words the new CEO used were something like " they are contracted players so it will take an extraordinary deal for us to agree". I am sure that is partly him saying the right things early in his tenure but at the very least it shows we are well aware of the advantage we have.

Reactions: 7 users
Serious?

Reid and Bolton are literally polar opposites in terms of physical attributes.

To be fair you nailed that comment!
Yeah well im honest i have not seen much of any and am going off other peoples comments and the odd snippett here and there.

You have obviously seen a lot of Murphy how would you describe his attributes because most things i have read is he is highly rated as a mid but goes okay as a fwd. i like him for the mid side of things, He is a small at 180cm going by what he is listed at. to me Bolton is also a small mid/ fwd who is clearly very good in both roles but in replacing him im leaning toward the mid side of things.

Any way be good to hear your description of him.

Yeah well im honest i have not seen much of any and am going off other peoples comments and the odd snippett here and there.

You have obviously seen a lot of Murphy how would you describe his attributes because most things i have read is he is highly rated as a mid but goes okay as a fwd. i like him for the mid side of things, He is a small at 180cm going by what he is listed at. to me Bolton is also a small mid/ fwd who is clearly very good in both roles but in replacing him im leaning toward the mid side of things.

Reid plays like Nathan Brown..small, very skilled, can mark, great by foot , unhurried, finds space to get free and kicks goals.
He is quite small so would need to develope somewhat for AFL.

Last edited:
With Campbell , Hardwick and a number of Ex Tiger staff there could we get favourable treatment with our dealings with them.
Maybe a few Bowes type deals would be handy as well
Favourable treatment from Dimma are you serious? He’s done nothing but pick at our carcass since he left.

Reactions: 1 users
Favourable treatment from Dimma are you serious? He’s done nothing but pick at our carcass since he left.
Just a gut feel, they will be generous with there dealings with us. It won't be a Dodoro deal coming down to the last hour.
Campbell , Dimma Grigga Craig Cameron etc would still have a lot of love for the tigers. Deep down they won't want to "burn" us.

IMHO, Murphy Reid is a very, very smart and neat footballer.

Queries over his athleticism and whether at AFL level his smarts can compensate for his lack of physical traits.

Similar to Jagga in a lot of ways, including the physical traits questions.

If has has the aerobic capacity needed he could end up playing a role similar to a Steele Sidebottom.

Reactions: 1 users
The words the new CEO used were something like " they are contracted players so it will take an extraordinary deal for us to agree". I am sure that is partly him saying the right things early in his tenure but at the very least it shows we are well aware of the advantage we have.
We sure are.
You’d imagine these clubs have committed to these players, they won’t do the dirty now.
It doesn’t look good for the clubs in play.
Contracts do still mean something.
These clubs are wanting to buy what we have contracted.
There will be argy bargy but in the end we won’t be bent over.

Reactions: 1 user
pick at our carcass ??

Grigga - picked up from the scats
Tross - was retired
Hayden Hill - Yes he left us to join GCS

who have I missed ?
He also poached that girl from Stakeholder Engagement. Had a bright future.

I think she went up to GC with him .

Serial poacher. Carcass raider.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
The quality at the top is deep and fairly even so trading up holds minimal advantage.