Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

From Wayne Campbell’s comments as reported on the afl site, there’s no chance that Daniel stays at Richmond :(
Not sure what you read but certainly can’t find away where Campbell gives that idea. All he said was they invited him up there and hence they need to uphold their end of the bargain.

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure how we're supposed to get pick 14 or whatever from Brisvegas this year. They need to get a shitload of points in to match bids for Ashcroft and a possible academy kid, so why would they give up pick 14? They aren't anywhere near the points required for Ashcroft with their entire current draft hand and then have got absolutely none for the other bloke they want. Even if we offer to bolster their need for draft points, the only thing they will have to offer in return is either a player or future draft selections in 2025.

Brisvegas will be keen to do a deal. If we say we won’t use pick 1 on Ashcroft we could give them a pick in the 20s and some junk picks for next years 1st
Multiple first rounders next year also needed for a quick turnaround

Reactions: 1 user
Brisvegas will be keen to do a deal. If we say we won’t use pick 1 on Ashcroft we could give them a pick in the 20s and some junk picks for next years 1st
Multiple first rounders next year also needed for a quick turnaround
Need to be careful regarding their 1st rounder next year. Unless the *smile* hits the fan for them it's a good chance of being a late first rounder at best so helping them out this year would need some mayo added to next years returns.

Not sure what you read but certainly can’t find away where Campbell gives that idea. All he said was they invited him up there and hence they need to uphold their end of the bargain.

Yeah, pretty much.

However seeing as they've committed to Daniel, it's now up to them to make sure the deal is done to our satisfaction.

Speaking to AFL.com.au about the specifics of a possible trade, football boss Wayne Campbell said "we want him in the door".
"There's always a fair range in price," Campbell said.
"We'll deal with Richmond in good faith, and we hope to get the deal done.
"We said to Daniel we want him here, so it's up to us to uphold our end of the bargain."

Reactions: 6 users
Not if it results in us getting an absolutely great deal form GC.
Just thank him for his services, he didn’t dog it, he gave us all he had until his last game.

He has certainly been in good form and has clearly been giving his all.

These are just the reasons I would like to keep Dan Rioli, along with making sure we keep his uncle.

They would need to offer a literal shitload of picks to make this worthwhile.

DS

Reactions: 3 users
I reckon Gold Coast will be bursting at the seams with there salary cap again. To get Rioli and Noble in will put huge pressure on the cap. Stories of some big Victorian offers for MacAndrew will make it harder for them to keep everyone happy on there list

Would we take pick 6 and Lucosius?
Or pick 6 and some promising kid?
With Campbell , Hardwick and a number of Ex Tiger staff there could we get favourable treatment with our dealings with them.
Maybe a few Bowes type deals would be handy as well

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Never in my wildest dreams did I envisage The Riolis splitting up!
Never.

Shame on Dimma for planting the seed.
Should have left us alone and pillaged some other club.
Yes he was crucial in the flags but he is slowly destroying his legacy.

We need to play hardball on this.
We hold the whip.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Never in my wildest dreams did I envisage The Riolis splitting up!
Never.

Shame on Dimma for planting the seed.
Should have left us alone and pillaged some other club.
Yes he was crucial in the flags but he is slowly destroying his legacy.

We need to play hardball on this.
We hold the whip.
Deal is done … picks 6 & 13 😉

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
He has certainly been in good form and has clearly been giving his all.

These are just the reasons I would like to keep Dan Rioli, along with making sure we keep his uncle.

They would need to offer a literal shitload of picks to make this worthwhile.

DS
Agree 💯 Unless the deal suits us, he stays. Same with Bolton. Both these players signed long term deals. There’s no fire sale going on here. Baker & Graham (more than likely) going will give us two extra picks in a deep draft in any case.

Agree 💯 Unless the deal suits us, he stays. Same with Bolton. Both these players signed long term deals. There’s no fire sale going on here. Baker & Graham (more than likely) going will give us two extra picks in a deep draft in any case.
Deals are done:

Rioli -> picks 6 & 13
Bolton -> picks 9 & 10
Baker -> pick 12 (hawks pick12 for Barass)

😉

Reactions: 2 users