Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Apart from anything else the kid has nominated Brisbane as a father son, his brother is there and they have flown him up to play in their vfl team.
100% certain they match a bid no matter where it happens but the way these things work you can bet your left appendage that if we do a deal for their first rounder we won’t be bidding on him at number 1 🙂
( hopefully you will still have your right one as back up!)
Haargh, FMD. I'm old enough that I might not need either anymore, could punt to the max without fear of the result. Whatever deals we might do for Brisvegas would want to be fairly fancy if we've also gotta step aside n clear the path for them. There's a pretty big discount between having to cover at pick 2 instead of pick 1.

Reactions: 1 user
People have been saying including the media that baker is worth somewhere around 15 thru 20.
Hawks have pick 12. wce get that for Barrass. we then trade baker and 21 or a similar pick for pick 12 would you be happy with that?
No thanks

From a pick perspective, that values Baker at around pick 42 ish
Pick 12 1268 points
pick 21 878 points Baker and 390 points
Pick 42 395 points.
Plus the picks after the 1st round will move a couple of spots with FA and a Academy bids. So that value for Baker would drop even more.

No thanks

From a pick perspective, that values Baker at around pick 42 ish
Pick 12 1268 points
pick 21 878 points Baker and 390 points
Pick 42 395 points.
Plus the picks after the 1st round will move a couple of spots with FA and a Academy bids. So that value for Baker would drop even more.
So bear with me. Baker is valued at around pick 15 1112 points would you be happy with picks 23 wce and they trade for 48 = 1117 equivalent of pick 15. Most here would revolt at that. Thats pick value for ya.
Its not all about how much each pick is valued at. Where picks are at is of more value sometimes, even if you pay a bit over in pick value.

I would be extremely happy to get pick 12 for Baker its over his value. It gives a very good chance of replacing him with an A grader.
To ensure i got that trade done id be happy to give a little more. What about pick 39 then.

My aim would be to end up with picks as close as i can to the following. I use these picks because i think it is possible to do without making enemies of every club in the comp when it comes to trades.

1 ours , 6 and 20 gcs rioli, 9 and 17 freo Bolton, 12 wce Baker + 39, 21 ours , 22 WCE graham. 29 ours.

Nine picks inside the top 30 not including the possibility to bundle up picks.

I just think people get a bit unrealistic this time of year. As each trade unfolds then we will have a real idea of what can happen and what we can aim for.

Reactions: 2 users
Danny's fiancé is a Sydney-reared Tik-Tok star.

without passing any judgement on anyone, our laying any blame,

I reckon she is more likely to thrive in Surfers Paradise,

than a kid from Tiwi?

GC is nice to escape Melbourne and lay on the beach for a fortnight in July.

But it is a cultural cesspit (yeah ok, im passing judgements)

and I honestly dont think you could get culturally further from Tiwi without flying to Nevada.

No sporting team on the GC has had any success: Brisbane bears, titans, seagulls, GC United, GC Rollers, Indy 500, GC Suns.

Its a high performance graveyard, and you have to ask why?
Whats a tic tac?

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Apart from anything else the kid has nominated Brisbane as a father son, his brother is there and they have flown him up to play in their vfl team.
100% certain they match a bid no matter where it happens but the way these things work you can bet your left appendage that if we do a deal for their first rounder we won’t be bidding on him at number 1 🙂
( hopefully you will still have your right one as back up!)
Yeah good points. Never know though.

So any ideas on what we get in return if we agree to not bid and cover say the NM bid which is valued at 2517 points.

They have picks 52 and 68 = 305. By my maths they are looking to make up 2212 points to match.

Starting point would be pick 14 and a f1. and f2. Am i being greedy given we will have to give up close to 21, 29, 39,and 47 just to get the 2212 points needed.

14 = 1161
f1 lets say pick17 = 1025
f2 pick 35 = 522 a little bonus for us for being so helpful and not bidding.

Hmm i like it lets give em that guarantee.

So bear with me. Baker is valued at around pick 15 1112 points would you be happy with picks 23 wce and they trade for 48 = 1117 equivalent of pick 15. Most here would revolt at that. Thats pick value for ya.
Its not all about how much each pick is valued at. Where picks are at is of more value sometimes, even if you pay a bit over in pick value.

I would be extremely happy to get pick 12 for Baker its over his value. It gives a very good chance of replacing him with an A grader.
To ensure i got that trade done id be happy to give a little more. What about pick 39 then.

My aim would be to end up with picks as close as i can to the following. I use these picks because i think it is possible to do without making enemies of every club in the comp when it comes to trades.

1 ours , 6 and 20 gcs rioli, 9 and 17 freo Bolton, 12 wce Baker + 39, 21 ours , 22 WCE graham. 29 ours.

Nine picks inside the top 30 not including the possibility to bundle up picks.

I just think people get a bit unrealistic this time of year. As each trade unfolds then we will have a real idea of what can happen and what we can aim for.
Yes I get what you’re saying. Pick points aren’t alway a true value, just an indicator.
I’m no expert on who may be available at that pick. It would probably drop a few spots maybe, because a Ashcroft, Lombardo, Karko, ? ? All that really means is those rated around that pick would still be there.
Is it worth giving back a pick in the 20s with Baker to go up a few spots? I’m not sure if that’s better than maybe a pick at say 18-20 plus our pick 21ish.
I’m not sure who may be on the board at those picks

Yeah good points. Never know though.

So any ideas on what we get in return if we agree to not bid and cover say the NM bid which is valued at 2517 points.

They have picks 52 and 68 = 305. By my maths they are looking to make up 2212 points to match.

Starting point would be pick 14 and a f1. and f2. Am i being greedy given we will have to give up close to 21, 29, 39,and 47 just to get the 2212 points needed.

14 = 1161
f1 lets say pick17 = 1025
f2 pick 35 = 522 a little bonus for us for being so helpful and not bidding.

Hmm i like it lets give em that guarantee.
Not sure, others are way better than me at that points stuff.

They get a 20% discount I think?

Yes I get what you’re saying. Pick points aren’t alway a true value, just an indicator.
I’m no expert on who may be available at that pick. It would probably drop a few spots maybe, because a Ashcroft, Lombardo, Karko, ? ? All that really means is those rated around that pick would still be there.
Is it worth giving back a pick in the 20s with Baker to go up a few spots? I’m not sure if that’s better than maybe a pick at say 18-20 plus our pick 21ish.
I’m not sure who may be on the board at those picks
I think pick 12 lands smack bang in a great spot even with bids. In saying that im no expert either but it does look like a strong draft definately right up to pick 20 probably beyond.

I think there will be some real gems around this spot.

Im looking at clubs like Essendon and Colloingwood not a lot of picks and in Essendons case pick 8 and 28.

We could maybe again offer over for pick 8 simply by offering a very good deal. We end up with 12 we trade that and 22 for pick 8 and a future 3rd.

We could offer collingwood 20 ,21, and 29 for their future 1st and 2nd. Bit of a gamble that one but im making this up as i type. our club has had ages to think about these things.
Say they finish 11th its pick 8 and 24 next year its a similar number of points. I think the pies are soon going to be facing our reality and imo likely won't make the 8 next year.

Again just throwing crap out there to ponder.

• Dislike
If we get a 1st for Baker I would put on my wife’s underwear and prance around the MCG grand final day
kate upton panties GIF by Esquire

• Wow
Haargh, FMD. I'm old enough that I might not need either anymore, could punt to the max without fear of the result. Whatever deals we might do for Brisvegas would want to be fairly fancy if we've also gotta step aside n clear the path for them. There's a pretty big discount between having to cover at pick 2 instead of pick 1.
You just know that we were never going to get pick 1 in the draft. The system is rigged

Reactions: 1 users
Wud imagine Rioli deal is already done. Just need 2 wait 4 official trade period 2 begin. Hope so anyway as need 2 get it done quick as I guess baker and Bolton will take a while

I think pick 12 lands smack bang in a great spot even with bids. In saying that im no expert either but it does look like a strong draft definately right up to pick 20 probably beyond.

I think there will be some real gems around this spot.

Im looking at clubs like Essendon and Colloingwood not a lot of picks and in Essendons case pick 8 and 28.

We could maybe again offer over for pick 8 simply by offering a very good deal. We end up with 12 we trade that and 22 for pick 8 and a future 3rd.

We could offer collingwood 20 ,21, and 29 for their future 1st and 2nd. Bit of a gamble that one but im making this up as i type. our club has had ages to think about these things.
Say they finish 11th its pick 8 and 24 next year its a similar number of points. I think the pies are soon going to be facing our reality and imo likely won't make the 8 next year.

Again just throwing crap out there to ponder.
Not sure I'd want to be handing out any picks around the early 20s mark. Supposed to be a decent bunch of KPP prospects all rated around the 15 to 25 mark of the draft. I'm hoping we'll plunder some of the best mids early n then fill our boots with some KPP talent around that end of first round , start of second round area.

Reactions: 3 users
Not sure I'd want to be handing out any picks around the early 20s mark. Supposed to be a decent bunch of KPP prospects all rated around the 15 to 25 mark of the draft. I'm hoping we'll plunder some of the best mids early n then fill our boots with some KPP talent around that end of first round , start of second round area.
I agree in principal. I said ages ago that we need to turn over 10 minimum, likely 12. Eight or nine picks in the top 30 is very doable imo.
But im not averse to bolstering our draft hand next year.
I'm no expert on most kids so im going off what i can get my hands on and other peoples write ups. Based on that id be looking at Armstrong at 9 or 12 if we have those picks.

We trade Rioli out then his replacement would be if there, Travaglia at 9 or 12.

Sam Draper pick 1 mid not a long shot that he is best available this draft.
Josh Smillie or Sam Lalor at pick 6 if we have that pick and if either one is there.

After those two picks
Harry Armstrong pick 9 i think he is the best kpf in the draft might be a reach we could wait to pick 12.

Tobie Travaglia pick 9 or 12 a rioli replacement he is a genuine Def/Mid.

Murphy reid would be a good Bolton replacement. Bo Allen is a big brute of a mid. Davis is a utility fwd/mid.
Hotten another Bolton replacement

Whitlock twins. OFarrall kpd Shanahan kpf Mraz had serious injury but highly rated before it. They all could be there from pick 17 onwards.

It goes on so many kids look likely this draft so in principal i do agree nothing wrong with keeping our top 30 picks.

If your first option is not there then its likely there will be just as good a second option.

Reactions: 1 users
From Wayne Campbell’s comments as reported on the afl site, there’s no chance that Daniel stays at Richmond :(